CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Pinkie shortage

Old 08-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
HeavenHell
Unhappy Pinkie shortage

I notice many of the large mice producers are out of pinkies: RodentPro (no pinkies of any size), MiceDirect (no small), ARS (no pinkies of any size).

Being it's hatchling season, it's a bad time for a shortage don't ya think?

Old 08-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
ReptileGeek181
Try LayneLabs.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Chip
Rodent Pro has been having a tough time for several weeks keeping adult mice in stock -but to be fair, so has everybody. I've had good luck getting pinks at the usual sources (until now), but I've had to order rat pups a couple of times just to have food!

Old 08-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
beautifullywild77
We get ours from local breeders. We have had luck getting day old pinks for the babies and we have a lot of f/t pinkies of all sizes. We pay a bit more for them than if we order in bulk but for now it is working for us.

We plan on putting a big order probably in the middle of Sept.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
Nanci
I spoke to Gourmet Rodents and Mice Direct at Daytona and both said large orders of pinks would not be a problem.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post
Try LayneLabs.
Thanks, just ordered 2000.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
jessicashallperish
its driving me insane, no where near my has had any pinkies... i broke down and bought some from the pet store for 98cents a piece.. RAPE.
my mice arent producing for some reason and ive had to cut things into little mouse pieces for my hatchlings..and now i hear that places are running low on adult mice. i might just switch my adults to rats. GRRRRRR.
trying laynelabs!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #8
Chip
Layne is 14 days out from shipping but pinks are in stock at 2 of the first 3 places I checked: https://micedirect.com/index.php?mai...05b12f8157ce54
http://www.bigcheeserodents.com/Pricing.html

And 98 cents from a store isn't rape. Heck for a 10 lot, they are 50 cents before shipping from Layne. I don't know how many the store might order, but they have to pay for freezer space, electric, waste (freezerburns, etc.), besides the shipping, etc. you are familiar with. It's twice what my store charges, but if I didn't use so many, no WAY I could sell them for 50 cents. When you pay thousands a month in rent for a store front, it has to be spread into everything you sell. Plus employees, your own wages, utilities, credit card processing fees, shrinkage/shoplifting, etc. that goes into the price of everything. Outside of my shop, $1.99 per pink is the next cheapest store price around here. If you can buy only as many as you need for under a dollar from a retail store, you are most certainly NOT being gouged, let alone "raped."

Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
jessicashallperish
I am used to 20 cents a piece. Hence why I consider 98 rape.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
jessicashallperish
Not to mention I asked the store manager where they order. He had no idea. They only had 12 pinks that they had just got in too. It was a pet supplies plus. Only pet store in my area and I quiver at the site of it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google