• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

possible new morph? You decide

By shear definition a true kentucky normal is a combo of both amel and anery. Typically showing an prodominately orange corn with heavy black around the saddles and a checkered belly. I kbow because i have a wc kentucky normal in my collection.

1. That's not at all the definition of a KY corn, but it is the definition of a snow corn. There are 2 disjunct populations in Kentucky and no morphs have been observed in either of them. They're all normals.

2. I hope you have a propagation permit-corns are a protected species in KY (even cb specimens require the permit). As far as I'm aware, there is no way to legally own a wild caught corn in KY though-better check your state regs.

Now this is entertaining! BTW The original Amel corn was from North Carolina.

Thank you, I did not know that!
I think I just assumed that since Dr Betchel was a friend of the Love's (who came from Florida), that that was where he caught that corn!

The second picture is of an okeetee. Okeetees are also considered normals, except that they are line bred to produce such vivid reds with such thick black borders. They got their name from the Okeetee Club in...Georgia I think it was where the wild snakes there had alot of red in them. These days though, some people believe that only wild caught animals from the Okeetee club itself should be called Okeetees, and snakes like mine should be called "Lookatees".

Actually the Okeettee Hunt Club is in Jasper county South Carolina. ;)

On the genetics can add nothng except maybe there is someone who understands it less then I do.
Aries you are griping because you made a mistake saying you didn't know, didn't you agree to the terms of this forum to become a member, read the stickies or do any reading before you posted. Maybe you think a member and contributing member are the same but contributing means contributing as in money.
If you would take the time to read about other people on this forum the owner included you would see these are the people who wrote the books and created new morphs that are new morphs.

1. That's not at all the definition of a KY corn, but it is the definition of a snow corn. There are 2 disjunct populations in Kentucky and no morphs have been observed in either of them. They're all normals.

2. I hope you have a propagation permit-corns are a protected species in KY (even cb specimens require the permit). As far as I'm aware, there is no way to legally own a wild caught corn in KY though-better check your state regs.

No actually here in KY. you can own up to five of any native species of snake. Any more than that and you have to have a permit. Like with my snakes I have to have documentation of where any normal type corns came from and a $150 permit because I have over the five limit. This limit also applies to venomous as well.

WOW, this is a very entertaining thread on both what the original poster is writing and also on some of the misinformation by some of the more experienced members. This is better than watching a good TV show. I can't wait until tomorrows episode!

dc

Mountain serphants is exactly right. Croalis its clear your not as informed as you appear. By the way i never said snows were normals thats ridiculas. Before you respond to this post again you may want to know a little more instead of making a slow person out of yourself.

Bethany has been breeding corn snakes longer than you've been misspelling words and omitting punctuation.

Wow chip that's super! Look, all the correct punctuation. It's good to know she's been giving the wrong advice for this long. Don't defend someone without knowing that they know about what advice they give.

What bad advice? She didn't know where amels originated from? That's hardly advice at all. If you're going to call someone dumb, you might want to type like an adult. I appreciate the last post's attempt. You can't type something such as
By shear definition a true kentucky normal is a combo of both amel and anery.
and not expect professional corn snake breeders, collectors, and experienced cultivators of the species to correct you. Then to advertise, whine about an infraction, and bash respected members of the community? I really don't see what you are trying to accomplish, but it is rather entertaining.

Why is some want to come in here with their feathers all pushed out and display their attributes, only guess what your feathers are dull and not that great. Not only dull feathers, butt ya cnt spel or puncteate evn do sum research on te forum u r trying to show off in. The dead give away is 'my bad'. There are newbies to the forum and newbies to snake keeping and both are welcomed to this forum, but when one comes in as an experienced person spouting stuff and then bashing others to show how right they think they are, well you know the thing about the door and the behind. Better yet stay and learn there are so many on this forum you could learn from including the ones you have bashed.

Back