CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

possible new morph? You decide

Old 10-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #81
Chip
^^I'm not sure how okay it is to ask a non-contributor that. Isn't that kind of like entrapment?

Aries, I'm sorry I was snarky with you. I don't think you have produced anything new or remarkable, however those are very pretty babies. I wish you the best with them.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #82
Tom Tuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
WOW, this is a very entertaining thread on both what the original poster is writing and also on some of the misinformation by some of the more experienced members. This is better than watching a good TV show. I can't wait until tomorrows episode!

dc
I'm with ya!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #83
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
^^I'm not sure how okay it is to ask a non-contributor that. Isn't that kind of like entrapment?

Aries, I'm sorry I was snarky with you. I don't think you have produced anything new or remarkable, however those are very pretty babies. I wish you the best with them.
I'd have to agree with chip here.

Nothing new or remarkable. But Nice for sure.

Also, Would like to extend best wishes to you & your newly hatched babies.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #84
VickyChaiTea
Wow! Just got done reading the whole thread. I have to say it was veeeery interesting. I learned a bit about genetics, learned some info then un-learned it, and now hope the OP hangs around and learns some too.

Oh, and enjoys his new snakes. Which are not new morphs as far as I or anybody can tell. Sorry!

Old 10-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #85
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries View Post
By the way i never said snows were normals thats ridiculas.
Inadvertently you did. You said that normals were amel and anery. But amel and anery is a snow, not a normal. I will quote you, if you want.

You are fundamentally misinformed about morphs. You are failing to correct this fundamental misunderstanding, and are insisting that the entire rest of the community (and apparently the entire latin language) is incorrect.

Amel is short for amelanistic. A- means "without" or "lacking", -melan- means "black", and -istic is "pertaining to". So an amelanistic animal has NO black pigment.

Anery is short for anerythristic. An- means "without" or "lacking", -erythr- means "red", and -istic we saw the meaning of above. So an anerythristic animal has NO red pigment.

Combine NO red and NO black and you get white.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #86
iculatr
Wishing I could have the last 5 minutes of my life back after reading this...

Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #87
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
Aries, how much are you asking (locally, not on CS) for these babies?
Quote:

I agree with you Chip. This should have been asked via PM and personally, totally negates the infraction for selling without being a Contributor. Wonder if I should make up a special infraction for that? It is within my ability...

Old 10-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #88
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries View Post
Sorry croalis did not mran you ny bad i meant starsevol
You mean my picture book didn't help you? Sorry about that! I know quite a bit, thankyouverymuch but maybe my geography skills are on par with your genetics knowledge. But wait..I know where I am now so I might be wrong about that!

Quote:
Bethany has been breeding corn snakes longer than you've been misspelling words and omitting punctuation.
Love You, Chip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
I think someone needs to go back and do some reading and research on basic genetics...
Methinks so too.

Quote:
What bad advice? She didn't know where amels originated from? That's hardly advice at all. If you're going to call someone dumb, you might want to type like an adult. I appreciate the last post's attempt. You can't type something such as
and not expect professional corn snake breeders, collectors, and experienced cultivators of the species to correct you. Then to advertise, whine about an infraction, and bash respected members of the community? I really don't see what you are trying to accomplish, but it is rather entertaining.
Yes, I made in incorrect assumption where amels came from, although I knew the time frame and the people involved. I also forgot where Jasper County was but being a Northern girl, I hope to be forgiven on that point.

As far as advice to the OP, it would be to learn about cornsnake genetics before breeding again. Those little ones are really quite nice, but nothing spectacular or new and are actually much nicer than they should have been considering the known pairing. A knowledge of basic genetics would enable the op to create even nicer babies, as well as represent them correctly to the buyer at the time of sale. The way it stands right now, the only people who would buy from this person if they themselves were interested in breeding down the line ( and not just looking for a pretty pet) would be someone who believes what the OP says about genetics because they know nothing about genetics themselves.
OP, you don't really want to misrepresent what you are selling, do you?
Here is a handy little tool for you....www.corncalc.com. If you play with that it might help you more than my geographically incorrect babble.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #89
airenlow
Have they shed yet?

Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #90
aries
Talking

Airenlo no they have not yet. I am still waiting, much like i did for them to hatch. They waited to pip until 96 days. I will post pics to this thread once they shed. Ok so as to make all the contributers happy: I did not pip them myself, i know others will come with nasty,hateful, but coated in "educational/ helpful" responses, i dont pip because i dont like the idea of making it easier for my babies to fully hatch. Pipping an egg takes the fundamental order of strong health babies and accepts weakerand more prone to illness and eventual death. Now i feel certin others do this successfully all the time, i just choose to be different.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google