CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Am I the only one

Old 03-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
codymi
Am I the only one

that is awful at ordering in bulk? I spend hours trying to plan just how many feeders of what size I'll need to feed 40 snakes ranging from 8 months old to five years old, for six months. All goes great till I get a few months in and realize that my numbers were waaaaay off. I'll be happy when they're all adults and I won't have to think so hard, lol.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #2
Nanci
I usually base it on how much I can afford.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
Tavia
I am exactly the same way! And I only have 25 at the moment! Put in my order and then find I need some size or other 1-3 months down the road. They are all different sizes too, so that makes it even harder.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:17 PM   #4
AliCat37
Haha I do the same thing!

Old 03-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #5
smigon
Codi, do you know of any others in the same town or area as you who order online as well? You can go in together, that will save on shipping, and you won't have to order as many and your numbers might be better. I know they grow at different rates, so it is SO hard to nail down the right sizes!

Good luck!

Old 03-27-2014, 01:55 AM   #6
codymi
There aren't many snake people where I'm at. My shipping is usually free. I'm not worried about the money, I'm just astounded by how bad my math is.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:47 AM   #7
Floof
I have a dozen snakes... And yes, I always end up spending an hour calculating just how many mice/rats I need to get the adults through the next 6 months. Then trying to guess just how fast the littles will grow in that time... Trying to predict inevitable unplanned purchases and what they'll need...

And I always run out of something or forget something! This time I forgot both pinky mice and rat pups/weanlings. How I forgot that my Taiwan beauty is still growing is a mystery.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
hypnoctopus
I'm terrible at it!

Old 05-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
baitman
if you have the space get a couple of old fish tanks and put 1 male and 4 female mice in each.........problem solved

Old 05-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #10
smigon
My problem is I keep taking in rescues and don't have the smaller sizes anymore! And paying $13 for 6 pinkies is a sin.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google