CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Yellow Okeetee?

Old 11-11-2004, 05:52 PM   #11
starwarsdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzal8
not to me, if it was, it was a damn good job
I work with people that could do that with Photoshop in minutes.

Old 11-11-2004, 07:12 PM   #12
jzal8
Cool

well yea all my roomates are graphic design majors and can do the same...still doesnt make it not look real. Instead of saying that is probably fake, i appreciate that kinda stuff and kinda have the view of wow that looks darn real haha.

Old 11-13-2004, 10:14 PM   #13
ecreipeoj
I have made contact with the owner of this snake and he caught it crawling across a road. What more can the guy say. I think it is legitimate.

I gave him this thread location, so hopefully he will post more information about the snake himself. He posted a very good photo of it on the other $%#& forum. Hopefully, he will post it here as well.

Old 11-13-2004, 11:30 PM   #14
BlueKing
I am the "photo shop" criminal - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I owe a big thanks to Joe!!! I didn't know someone was posting this cornsnake on here! I was not a member until now! Whoever you non-believers are, I am not upset at all - I understand (I wouldn't believe it either at first). Just want to let you know that the cornsnake in question IS legitmate! I am the one that found it, I didn't get it from no one! I found it in Cumberland county, NC. on the 23rd of Sep. It is understandable that folks would NOT believe this amazing find. When I first picked her up, it was dark already, aprox 7:30 in the evening and I thought I had just found a very brightly/boldy marked prairie/mole kingsnake until she reared up in that certain cornsnake fshion and bit me. I took her inside my car where there was more light and it wasn't until I saw the head marking that I was pretty sure it was a cornsnake! I can take some more pics if you like - indoors, outdoors etc. When I took those pics I did so with a camera that I had just bought that day! All I know is how to focus, aim and click! That's all. I am not a computer guru, nor am I trying to show things that are not real! I have been herping for well over 30 years now, and I myself have only had one other strange occurance happen to me. I hatched a ratsnake with no eyes (just a head of scales)! That was unbelievable to, until you came to my house and saw this animal!
I added a full body shot of the "golden" cornsnake. She is 43" long, very healthy with no scars and eating great!
Thanks, everyone, especially Joe (and hope this erases everyone's doubt)

Carsten (Zee) Zoldy

I am an expert on everything, yet know so little, and have so much to learn
- Carsten Zoldy-

Old 11-13-2004, 11:55 PM   #15
starwarsdad
I think an outdoor picture would dispel most doubt. A real Photoshop pro can fake just about anything, but it is especially hard to fake it on an outdoor pic. There are so many other colors that can be "checked" against. That is a beautiful snake either way though.

BTW, welcome to the forums! Hopefully, you will stick around

Old 11-14-2004, 01:19 AM   #16
Mykuhl
Wow! The first third of that snake is an amazing gold color, it looks like his skin is made out of gold. The rest of the snake has a nice metalic sheen as well. I would love to see more photos. Beautiful snake by the way. It would be great if a gold morph could be developed from that snake.

Old 11-14-2004, 01:39 AM   #17
cka
I have to admit I was one of the naysayers; thanks for coming here and posting...I too wouyld love to see some outdoor shots, if possible, and maybe a ventral shot too...I think the manner in which you have posted will go as far as more pics to dispel doubts...What can I say, thats one heck of a find, Carsten :*)

Old 11-14-2004, 10:15 AM   #18
jzal8
Cool

you had better figure out how to start breeding out that trait. its a gold mine hahaha (pardon the pun)
its beginning to look alot like christmas

Old 11-14-2004, 10:31 AM   #19
Mykuhl
BlueKing, are you planning to keep the corn snake and breed it? Would you be willing to sell it?

Old 11-14-2004, 11:17 AM   #20
Clint Boyer
WOW, nice find!

It looks very much like a Caramel to me. I'd like to see it crossed with one sometime in the future.

Do you have plans for breeding it in the spring? I'm sure that all of us here would love to see the results next year.

Good luck, I think it's an awesome looking snake and has great potential!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google