CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Yellow Okeetee?

Old 01-11-2005, 08:03 PM   #81
tat2d1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virago
I don't know if anyone has said this yet but I was flippig through the manual today and on page 99 there's a very yellow corn with black borders. What do you think?

they look similar.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #82
hediki
hers a pic of a caramel its probably a mix of caramel and anery A

Old 01-11-2005, 10:16 PM   #83
Simon
OMG
that is a VERY pretty looking corn.
I wish that I could find a snake like that in the wild too.

Best of luck with her.
Hope that she is really genetical and can prove out to be a different trait than just a 'normal' looking caramel.

All those weird/nice looking corns have to be females.....like this one and Frank's 'Piebald' corn......

Anyways best of luck!

Old 01-14-2005, 05:47 PM   #84
Alias47
What a gorgeous animal...
Absolutely beautiful.

Old 01-15-2005, 09:29 PM   #85
stephen
breed it 2

I would breed it to a hypo ao amel

Old 01-16-2005, 02:31 AM   #86
Chusi
Oops!!

Hahaha I feel dumb!! I put a post up today saying that I found the picture of BlueKing's snake on Kingsnake.com to see what everyone thought. Only to find out I'm a couple months too late. Wow... really interesting stuff!! She is a gorgeous animal!! I can't wait to see how her hatchlings turn out!!

Thanks Chris (CKA) for giving me the heads up on this thread!!

Old 01-21-2005, 04:34 AM   #87
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen
I would breed it to a hypo ao amel

What? How does that make any sense?

The thought is that the snake is either a wild caramel, or a new line of caramel. Wouldn't it make the most sense to either a) breed it to a normal from the same area to establish a locality, or b) breed it to a caramel to test it against the hypothesis that it is in fact a caramel variety?

Where does hypo or amel come into play here?

Old 01-21-2005, 12:58 PM   #88
Rich Z
Well, it appears the owner has two choices to pick from for breeding that animal:
  1. Try to breed it to know culivars to try to determine if it is something that we already know about
  2. Assume it is something new, and begin right now to generate combination cultivars of other genetic types that will potentially produce even more interesting looking animals.

This is always a tough call. I spent YEARS trying to figure out what the Mocha/Lavender line really was. Consequently the combination cultivars were much later showing up then they could have been. Was that best to do? Depends on your outlook, I guess. But I sure wish I had been producing Lavender Blood Reds a long time ago.....

Interesting find, no doubt.

And that animal does remind me of some Miami Phase I had years ago. But the blotches were pale orange instead of yellow. But the basic overall look was the same.

Hopefully some neat things will come from this in the future....

Old 01-21-2005, 01:02 PM   #89
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by hediki
hers a pic of a caramel its probably a mix of caramel and anery A
Not in my opinion (on the "mix" comment). From my experience, if you combine Anery A with Caramel, you get Anery A with the Caramel being masked. I have several Caramel/Anery A Motleys that came from full Caramel Motley parents.

Odd thing about them is that the blacks are much deeper and there doesn't seem to be that sort of bronze look that you sometimes get in Anery A Motleys. So the result is not exactly what I would have expected.

Old 01-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #90
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Where does hypo or amel come into play here?
Have you ever heard of an Amber or Butter Corn?

I think a Golden Lava would be nice, but then I am very bias. I can’t wait to see what a Lava Caramel looks like. An Orange Hypo Morph x Yellow Anery Morph = ??

If I had this Corn, I would breed it to a Butter Motley or Amber Motley, but most likely a Butter Motleys since they are readily available. This would test it against the Caramel gene and throw two other genes in the mix at the same time.

I am sure we could dream up a couple more combos as well, like a Striped Butter, Striped Amber (Don’t remember seeing one) or how about a Sulfur Corn? (Butter Blood) Now that is dreaming.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google