CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Not eating enough?

Old 11-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #1
SnekMommas
Not eating enough?

Hi everybody!
So Gabi and I (Meli) own a reverse okeetee corn snake that is about a month and a half old or possibly two months. Tambi (our corn) is about 33 cm long and eats every 4-5 days.
I've noticed that in the last couple of feedings after I put him back in his terrarium (we feed him in a separate container) he seems to come out and look for more food. We feed him pinkies and I am worried that maybe he is not eating enough considering he is looking for more? Should we be feeding him more?

I did read that it could be he is looking for more simply because he is not aware he is a pet and will be fed more and that this is normal. Either way, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Old 11-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #2
Dragonling
Colubrids are opportunistic feeders and will happily eat themselves to death if given the opportunity. You're doing just fine with your feedings.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:27 PM   #3
SnekMommas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
Colubrids are opportunistic feeders and will happily eat themselves to death if given the opportunity. You're doing just fine with your feedings.
Whew thanks for your feedback.

We were also thinking about maybe switching his feeding from 1 pinky every 4-5 days to 2 pinkies every 7 days. Is this a bad idea?

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google