CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

So Small

Old 07-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #1
setafox
So Small

So my 5 year old caramel motley is just tiny compared to what most full grown corns look like. My local vet can't find anything wrong but he doesn't work with herps all that much. My sister who is a vet tech for a zoo doesn't think there is anything wrong with her either but I figured it wouldn't hurt to check in here.

She eats like a glutton, has good poops, and beautiful sheds. There is nothing indicating that she something is wrong beyond her size. I need to get a weight on her which I havn't done in a while because my kitchen scale broke but she is about 31" long.

Thoughts?

Old 07-03-2017, 07:24 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
An "Adult Corn Snake" can range from about 3 feet to 6 feet. The extremes are uncommon, the vast majority fall somewhere in between, usually around 4 to 5 feet.

Your snake may happen to be one of the smaller ones. It doesn't mean it's unhealthy or something wrong with it. It's just small. Just like some people grow up to be 4 feet tall and others 7 feet tall.

What are you feeding?

Most of us feed based on weight. Your snake should be eating about 10% to 13% of its body weight every 10 days. If you are "Under feeding" it's growth will be very slow. If you are "over feeding" the snake can get fat. If you are feeding correctly, then the snake is what it is.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:28 PM   #3
MysticExotics
Can you post a photo of her and something next to her for size reference, like a dollar bill?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google