CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Happy Inauguration Day Eve!!

Old 01-29-2017, 06:14 PM   #21
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_C View Post
I don't care about his intentions. I care about what he does.
I rest my case...

Old 01-29-2017, 06:56 PM   #22
Rich Z
Liberal head implosion warning!!!

Old 01-29-2017, 07:05 PM   #23
Distaff
No problem here with the so-called ban. This country belongs to the people legally here as citizens, not any potential refugees (if you want to call them that). Anyone who prefers more liberal laws, can move to Sweden, and see for themselves how Sharia works out for them.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:07 AM   #24
Nanci
I don't want sharia here. If people want that sort of law, government, then they should stay in a country that supports it, not come here and try to weasel it in. How well is that working for England? If they want freedom, and are fleeing terrorism/violence, don't expect to bring that crap here.

Also, sick of hearing that Trump made the list of countries that are affected. That list was already in place.

Also- check out the background of the leader of the women's march. Puppets much???

Old 01-31-2017, 03:50 AM   #25
OregonSnake
What's the big deal about letting in refugees? They're homeless, displaced, and in a horrible situation. The vast majority of refugees are victims of a war they did not ask for. If America was war torn, I'd assume you'd want other countries to let you in if you had no other place to go.

Plus, America was built by immigration. You can not like that, but unless you're Native American, you weren't here first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-31-2017, 03:51 AM   #26
OregonSnake
Distaff: What on earth would you call them but refugees?

Old 01-31-2017, 04:33 AM   #27
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonSnake View Post
What's the big deal about letting in refugees? They're homeless, displaced, and in a horrible situation. The vast majority of refugees are victims of a war they did not ask for. If America was war torn, I'd assume you'd want other countries to let you in if you had no other place to go.

Plus, America was built by immigration. You can not like that, but unless you're Native American, you weren't here first.

The "big deal" as I understand it is that the "refugees" are coming in from countries with a high likelihood of Islamic terrorists being among the immigrants. Documentation on those refugees is pretty much non-existent, which means there would be no way to get a positive ID on those persons being allowed onto American soil. This will be a perfect opportunity for terrorist cells to become established all throughout the USA by giving ALL of those people a free pass to come here without any sort of identification. Quite frankly, that just sounds stupid and suicidal to me.

What Trump is demanding is that immigration of such refugees halts completely until some effective means is developed to positively ID those persons in an effort to weed out known and suspected terrorists from those people who truly need refuge. Personally, I think this is VERY rational and consistent with the job that a REAL president of the USA should perform. PROTECT OUR PEOPLE AND OUR BORDERS. If anyone thinks that terrorists would not take advantage of the confusion and the chaos there in order to infiltrate the USA, well, I hope you get over your naivete sooner rather than later. Certainly no one in their right mind would suggest that the USA throw open the doors to terrorists, would they? Well, push come to shove, that is exactly what is being asked of the USA.

So under the above circumstances, what would you suggest as a solution? Let all those people in FIRST, and then try to sort them out? "Please, all terrorists, please raise your hands."

And no, the type of immigration now from those mideast countries, is nothing at all like immigration has historically been. The risks are greater, so the defenses and restrictions have to likewise match that risk.

IMHO.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:13 AM   #28
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonSnake View Post
What's the big deal about letting in refugees?
Speaking for myself, it's not the refugees that are not wanted. It's the terrorists, criminals, troublemakers in general, but particularly terrorists that try to slide in as refugees.

Just follow legal channels, that's all anyone is asking. Everyone should be screened.

I might want to move to Australia. I probably wouldn't pass their immigration policy. So does that give me the right to go there on vacation and just not leave? No.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:33 PM   #29
Nova_C
Trump's EO revoked people's visas. Which means they had been screened, and approved for entry. Many had been living in the US for quite some time and had their green cards. People who had been vetted, investigated, and approved were turned away.

The EO came down so fast that people who boarded flights without any knowledge that it even existed, and were detained at customs, are now banned from entry to the US for five years for 'trying to enter on invalid visas'? They had done what you asked - jumped through all the hoops for legal entry. And now they're banned from the country for five years for following all the rules.

This is Trump's America:
https://twitter.com/barrytgoldberg/s...699650/photo/1

A nation so afraid that five year olds are restrained and cuffed.

This is what America is supposed to be:
https://twitter.com/GideonTurk/statu...646848/photo/1

Old 01-31-2017, 04:49 PM   #30
Rich Z

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google