CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

Seeking to rehome Ruby to an APPROVED home

Old 07-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
LadyJemima
Seeking to rehome Ruby to an APPROVED home

With sadness I am seeking to re-home my sweet amel girl. I rescued Ruby two weeks ago from a less-than-ideal home where (I suspect) she was not receiving the best of care. I was seeking to adopt a snake for educational purposes and had committed to adopting her sight-unseen. When I arrived (her owners had decided to go to the beach and leave her on the porch for me), I was very surprised at how tiny she was. She will be 3 years old in mid-August and currently measures just over 2.5 feet; weight unknown; has a circumference between the size of a penny and nickel. After a GREAT deal of consideration, I am simply not comfortable handling her out in the open at her current size. She would also be very difficult to see for students sitting farther back.

I will be looking to adopt a larger corn, but need to find a good home for Ruby. She is sexed female and just had a perfect shed. She was being fed live fuzzies but I successfully fed her frozen on Thursday. She is GORGEOUS!

I live in central PA and her new family must be willing to drive within an hour of my location for pickup. I will not ship. Please note that I will screen her potential adopter via email/phone CAREFULLY before meeting. There is no re-homing fee, but I will NOT adopt her out unless the new owner is prepared with a suitable habitat, food, and supplies (and would ideally have owned a snake before...probably a good bet here!) Absolutely no student adoptions.

I have attached the only "good" photos I have of her -- she went blue two days after I adopted her and she spends most of her time chilling in her cork hide, where I can't get to her! Thank you.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:52 AM   #2
LadyJemima
Adding that she is very acclimated to being handled, and does not come with any accessories other than a brand new Exo Terra hide she likes. I need to keep everything else for the next snake.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
LadyJemima
Wonderful news -- a gentleman who is VERY experienced with snake rescue and care will be taking Ruby in exchange for a much larger corn (rescue also). I am quite sad to part with her (already attached) but am feeling very happy knowing she is going to be in expert hands. I will be receiving the new corn the same day (Aug 5).

Old 07-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #4
DollysMom
I'm glad it working out. I'm sad Ruby will be going. I think many of us here got attached to her as well. Consider yourself her foster.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google