• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New corn owner, first time snake owner with a few questions

Desert Corn

I just bought a baby pewter corn on saturday and it has been feeding on tuesdays from what I was told. Should I still try feeding on tuesday since I just put it in a new enclosure and it will have only been 3 days since it was introduced to the enclosure.
Second, are the Zoo Med reptitemp thermostat or Exo Terra 100w thermostats any good? Or any other recomendations in that price range?

You can try to feed it. Conventional wisdom is leave your snake alone to acclimate for at least a week. I'm unconventional and have even fed hatchlings on the same day FedEx delivered them. Some eat immediately in their little deli cup, and others eat in the same rotation as my other hatchlings. A lot depends upon the method you use to feed it. I usually feed new baby corns in a covered deli cup. If I feed in their container I use tongs and make sure they grab the pinkie.

As far as temp controls one is just about as good as the others, typically made in China. I have read good and bad reviews on both. I bought an InkBird temp controller ITC306T. It is used by plant nurseries a lot for seedling beds. So far it has been a good one. Since I don't trust electronic devices totally, I have a digital thermometer on each of my racks.

Back