• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How Old is YOUR Oldest Corn???

Bartholomew

Big Brotha Bart
So, the whole time I have been on this forum, I dont think I have read about someone with a super old corn snake. I always read about "My 3 year old corn" or "My 1 year old corn"
... If im right. Corn snakes can live up to 15 years with proper care. Right? Or am I just imagining things in my head.
So how old is your oldest corn snake? I think its about time I hear about a 7 year old, or a 10 year old.
Unless, none of you are providing proper care for your snake :eek:
Haha, just kidding.

I have a 7 year old. Hes a big giant pink and yellow snow called Panther :)

goofypanther2.jpg

goofypanther4.jpg

Mine is 15 yrs old. He was my 1st morph and I got him from a local mom & pop shop by trading in a bunch of babies I hatched from my first clutch ever. That clutch and him started the obsession.

Attachments

• collage_lb_image_page2_1_1.jpg
    collage_lb_image_page2_1_1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 662
So, I guess the whole 15 year old thing is BS? How long can they actually live?
No, I think 15 is a good average for captive-bred Corns. It's generally thought that the average lifespan in the wild is 10 years.

Like cats or dogs, some Corns die of illness or disease at a younger age, while some live unusually long lives. 22 is very good going - most Corns won't reach that age - but there are captive Corns that have been recorded over the age of 30.

It's not uncommon for them to hit 20, from what I hear. I'm new to the hobby, so my oldest is about 2, and I only got her in April. However, the father of my newest hatchling is an AWESOME snake named Pumpkin, who is about 15 and still going strong. I love him lots, and I always want to steal him from the rescue. I sing to him sometimes when I clean his cage. This is why I had to get one of his babies before I moved.

I can only go by what I've been told because I acquired them fairly recently, but my oldest is supposed to be around 10 and my second oldest is around 6.

I always see threads about young snakes too. I think it's because people recently got them and want to show them off. My oldest is about 2.

My 25 incher is supposed to be about 10 months old and my 40 incher is supposed to be a yearling.

I think they're older than that, though. xDD

My oldest are like 2 years old or so...I don't know for sure though because I only got them in the past couple months.

My oldest is about 11 years old. He is a normal zigzag het snow named Double Z that I bought from Susan almost 2 years ago. His "wife", a snow partial aztec/zigzag named Wendy is I think 9 years old now.

Back