• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mind if I share a few(well, more than a few) baby pictures?

Kokopelli

Resident Boa Fanatic
Hey everyone...
Things are falling into place and I am happy to report that I finally got some pictures... which was -very- nice because the little babies are quite photo worthy in my humble opinion.

The first batch actually took us by surprise... the dame was a good looking classic BCI... the sire, a 2007 sunset cross produced by my partner... we didn't expect much... but boy, were we wrong.

These are the Hog Isle crosses... I think they look incredible:

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

check out this orange belly!

IMG_3189.jpg

And one of their salmon hog Isle cross...

IMG_3195.jpg

group hug!

IMG_3213.jpg

The next batch is of our already established pair- the Grandsire of our Sunfire line and the Dame with which the first sunfires emerged:

a hog isle cross:

IMG_3221.jpg

some of the more... well, more:

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

little trio- can you tell the difference? :p

IMG_3219.jpg

family fun time!

IMG_3217.jpg

Thanks for peeking, it is a true joy to have these little babies here and to watch them grow... they are adorable beyond words!

Oren and Alon.

They look great, Oren! There's one in the 2nd family pile that is corn snake amel orange. Amazing!

The oranges haven't started showing up yet... this is how one of our keepers looked when he was a yearling:

PICT1101.jpg

I think that exceeds allot of oranges :)

Sheesh! That keeper is the color of a good amel! So like corn snakes they gain in coloration during the first year(s).

Maybe I am biased, but the change Boas seem to undergo always strike me as more extreme... with cornsnakes... I feel that the color is there from the beginning... it spreads out more- but the colors are very intense right off the bat...
Boas can start out as tan or pink, and end up red or orange... it's a personal thing though, I imagine others believe that corns' change is the more extreme of the two.

VERY, VERY nice Oren! You certainly produce some fine babies and the oranges on that keeper you posted.....Holy Orange Batman! Awesome looking snakes.

Back