CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

My New Viv. Progress Shots

Old 10-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #41
The_Thunderer
Mr. Maya, every time I see it, it looks better!!! Congrats and an awesome amount of KUDOS to you for being so creative and ambitious!!! VERY KEWL!

Would you mind sharing something about the total cost and hours spent making it... if that is possible? I think it would help us to appreciate even more, the effort you've put into it.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #42
Mr. Maya
Wow, Thanks allot for all the great Comments. I was proud of the outcome, but now I think my head my explode soon Itīs swelling up so much after the Praise I have received.
Each Viv has their own set of lights with each being Individually wired so non-occupied Vivs won`t use Electricity.
Total Cost so far is around 600 Euro wich at todays exchange rate at approx. 1.45 is about $ 870. Total hours spent werenīt recorded however for the last 3 Weeks I have been working on it about 2,5 weeks that being 17.5 days from 8am till 8pm wich makes an approx hour time of 210.Take of short breaks for Cig. break, wich is not done in the house by the way, and eating something quick, guestimated to about 200 hours.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #43
WaterRaven
*eagerly awaits the finished results*

Old 10-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #44
Jadie.Glitch
Wow! They look so nice!! You did an amazing job!!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #45
The_Thunderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maya View Post
Wow, Thanks allot for all the great Comments. I was proud of the outcome, but now I think my head my explode soon Itīs swelling up so much after the Praise I have received.
Each Viv has their own set of lights with each being Individually wired so non-occupied Vivs won`t use Electricity.
Total Cost so far is around 600 Euro wich at todays exchange rate at approx. 1.45 is about $ 870. Total hours spent werenīt recorded however for the last 3 Weeks I have been working on it about 2,5 weeks that being 17.5 days from 8am till 8pm wich makes an approx hour time of 210.Take of short breaks for Cig. break, wich is not done in the house by the way, and eating something quick, guestimated to about 200 hours.
That first part IS a danger isn't it... LOL. When I was a Pastor and folks told me that I did a GREAT job speaking, it was all I could do to NOT die of that deadly sin of P-R-I-D-E.

However, YOU have lots to be proud of!!!

200 hours???? $870 dollars? Wow... Not as much as I expected monetarily. Well worth the cost to take good care of your snakes.

Last question... how long did it take the "curing" smell to go away. I would be afraid of the fumes and would probably take a LONG time before putting any of my beloved animals in there.

Again, MUCH kudos!

Old 10-11-2008, 02:52 AM   #46
Mr. Maya
[quote=

Last question... how long did it take the "curing" smell to go away. I would be afraid of the fumes and would probably take a LONG time before putting any of my beloved animals in there.

Again, MUCH kudos![/quote]

Still Waiting. If I would have used the right paint from the get go it would only have taken a couple days. No vivs are occupied at this time.
As far as cost and time is concerned, This covers only the two wich are finished. The Main cost was the Finishing. The frame and walls were done rather quickly, About two to three days. Greatest cost their in relation was all the food quality Silicon I had to use.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #47
Widget
I'm finally getting some time to read more posts and I must say this looks fantastic. I can't wait to see how it looks when they're all finished.

It's similar to what I want to do once we finally are able to build our house as the permanent housing for adults.

Great job.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #48
KDRGM
Cool new viv!!!!

all i can say to that m8 is "WOW" cant wait to see finished product !!!! keep us posted plz

Old 10-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #49
*salAMANDA88*
WOW...That looks awesome.You did a Wicked good Job!..and...I know what you're gonna say...and my answer is "Yes"
"yes, you may come and build me a home for my snakes....."
lol...well....at least I tried...

Old 10-25-2008, 01:42 AM   #50
Feanturi
Kudos Mr. Maya, and well deserved indeed. This is just too inspirational. I went to Home Depot and picked up some polystyrene panels today. They have a great selection ranging about $4-$7 for panels 2'x4' and from 1/2" - 1 1/2 " thick.

Any suggestions on how to cope with the uth or other belly-heat situation? I'm thinking tile embedded in the floor with heat tape on a helix or other therm. Or is that not needed with the coating (I'm going to try the grout-route, thanks TME).

Looking over it it just keeps looking better and better. Did I say "Wow!"?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google