CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

What to do

Old 08-31-2017, 04:16 AM   #1
jayden.dowell363
What to do

My corn snake escaped out of his cage in the middle the the night and I had to pull him for a tight space and get him back in the cage but he isn't so happy with me now and gets in striking position when my hand gets near will he eventually settle down ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Old 09-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #2
taz&avian
i mean.. eventually.. yes, but hes going to be s little snappy for quite some time.. im not so sure about the time conversion with snakes and humans because... how could they have a sense of time? thy never learned what time is..

id say leave him be until next time you feed him, then id say wait about a half a week....

personally, I WOULD wait about 2 meals until i tried to interact with him.. but thats just me.
i hope he loosens up, think positively! let me know how long it takes him to loosen up.
much love, Alison

Old 09-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #3
Caryl
He'll calm back down, in time. From the snake's point of view, you seemed exactly like a predator and he probably considers himself lucky not to have been eaten. Here he was, all snuggled into a safe space, and then a gigantic hand dragged him out. Just leave him to himself for a couple of weeks, and then go back to handling him. Don't be surprised if he's still nervous and wants to pose and/or tag you for a while, even then. But yes, if he was okay with being handled before he will be okay with it again. Eventually.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google