CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Well, here we go again... Hurricane Nate

Old 10-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
Rich Z
Thumbs down Well, here we go again... Hurricane Nate

Supposed to get messy around here by the weekend if the forecast track is accurate...

Old 10-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #2
DollysMom
Oh no! Stay safe.

Old 10-04-2017, 02:13 PM   #3
Twolunger
I give up, I'm not listening to hours of the weather people telling us that a 9 foot surge is coming. We had mandatory evacuation in my area for Irma and although the eye passed very close, there was no surge at all. We left for Ft. Lauderdale and it was terrible over there, high winds and flooded streets. The power at my house was off for a few hours, but in Ft. Lauderdale it was out for days. I could have stayed home and saved the family a lot of grief.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #4
Nanci
No .

Old 10-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #5
Rich Z
The forecast tracks I see on VentuSky are showing it moving further to the west between Texas and Louisiana.

Unfortunately, when a hurricane moves into the Gulf of Mexico, it makes landfall somewhere either in the USA or Mexico. I don't think I have ever seen one just dissipate over water, or turn around and head south and then out into the Atlantic.

Hopefully for everyone impacted the most it will strengthen to will be a category 1 storm.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:57 AM   #6
Rich Z
Well, the latest forecast track is being consistent with the last few I looked at in that the forecast track is gradually moving further and further west of the Tallahassee area. Not that this is what the people in coastal Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas want to see, though.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:54 AM   #7
Rich Z
Yeah, the track is looking more and more like what the Ventusky models were showing a few days ago. Forecast track has moved even further west.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:19 AM   #8
Rich Z
Well, Nate is now officially a hurricane. Looks like the forecast track inched a bit eastward in the latest update.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:05 PM   #9
Rich Z
Looks like Nate is strengthening now and forecast to make landfall in Mississippi tonight with winds around 105mph.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:37 PM   #10
DLena
This is a really bad season. Everyone's in my prayers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google