• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Got the snakes separated!

LionessModeling

I now have 2 tanks for the snakes now.
Stripped red corn is in and 80gal tank in the livingroom.
Anery is in a 40gal tank in my room now.

Both tanks gave heat mats some fake plants 1 hide each and a water dish and substrate.

Both tanks need more fake plants, 1 more hide each, basking lamp bulbs

The 80gal tank needs a hygrometor and thermometer
e91030aae8e94fa22123ca9b1e4a292c.jpg
21d303978e45566f5da892a078e2432d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Now that I've separated the snakes I'm feeding the anery.

I'm going out tomorrow to buy more feeders for them

It should be at least 14 days since the anery last regurged before you feed, and when you do you're going to want something extremely small, like a hopper. If she keeps the hopper down, you'll want to do a hopper once a week for about a month, then move up to a weanling once a week. After she's looking closer to the proper shape (probably another 4 to 6 weeks, depending) then you should move to adult mice.

If you feed an emaciated animal a large meal it will make them ill and do further damage to them.

Congrats. Looking good. If you want even a small cardboard box, paper towel roll or paper towel can provide virtually free (and disposable when soiled) hiding places. You are doing great.

And yes, it is critical that you wait to feed the anery.

Do you think it's be okay if I put live plants and potting soil in the 80gal tank with the stripe it'd be Okay?
I have so many plants and no where to put them all and very little substrate.
I'm not sure if my plants are safe for snakes or not.

Here are pics of my 4 plants.
93f537701b432e8dd123aff6b94ae736.jpg
9431dc9ca1e1c69409262794b44e0641.jpg
5dc926677f02f4779963bb9f7122b093.jpg

Live plants can cause more problems than they are worth for corn snakes. Stick with fake plants. You can only use certain plants and there can be no fertilizer. Too much risk of toxicity and too high a humidity. It’s just better to keep your plants outside the enclosure.

Back