CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Update on my Colony

Old 09-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
Lore
Update on my Colony

Well... this morning I ended up removing one of the males like suggested However I was a little late before there was any damage.

I noticed yesterday that Patch the Black and White mouse was awake all day eating and running the wheel, I joked that he was pumping up to be the boss, well I was right, this morning I saw him chasing after Austin the Orange and White mouse and he had actually chewed off one of his balls So I removed him this morning and figured I'll let Patch have his Herem, and we'll keep Austin as a pet, I have him set up in an empty lego box for now, but when the husband gets home were going to buy him a fun little mousie habitat.

I switched the bedding of my breeder mice to pine and hay mix and it smells OH so much nicer!

Next... the wait for some little pinkies to start dropping

Old 09-28-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
cncslick
sorry to hear that about Austin, poor little guy. but just as a suggestion i think you should try to keep at least 1 female with him. mice are very sociable animals and can get depressed if kept alone.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
Lore
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncslick
sorry to hear that about Austin, poor little guy. but just as a suggestion i think you should try to keep at least 1 female with him. mice are very sociable animals and can get depressed if kept alone.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. I'll pick out a woman for him.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #4
Bobo's Mama
And hey, you never know, he might heal up and still have one useful ball! Wouldn't that be awesome.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
Lore
That WOULD be awesome He's the cutest of the bunch, poor little man. He washed it up good and its looking ok, however he does have quite an open wound on the underside of his nut area

Old 09-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
catsapp
I ended up with a longhair mouse in my first colony that wouldn't let me see if it was male or female. I finally decided it was a female and in it went. A few days later that "female" had been scalped. the dominate male had managed to pull all the skin and fur up exposing the tissue underneath from balls to shoulders and left a gaping hole in the poor guys posterior. I felt bad for him so he got his own place until he healed up, then got a harem of his own. never slowed him down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google