CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

FROZEN FEEDERS PRICE COMPARISONS

Old 10-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #21
omni
I've heard good/bad reviews from all the suppliers, weighed my choices and had ordered from RP. Some of the reviews and recent actions from the bigger suppliers carry a little more weight to me now.
RodentPro was proactive and the 1st i think to voluntarily recall and replace older product on the salmonella issue. That meant they are trying hard to win ppl's business.
I think I will go with Mice Direct on my next order when i need to stock up on the smaller sizes. I've heard for their slightly higher cost, you get REALLY clean feeders, and they are vacuum-packed. RP doesn't do that. They're a bit cheaper but you might see some bedding in the bags.

I have question about how a frozen product could 'expire' in 2 months in a freezer as mentioned above somewhere. There might be a little discoloration, but if the feeders remain frozen, within 2 months they are still good. It'd only be by 6-8 months any real deterioration from freezer burn would set in. If a container or bag is opened frequently, anything frozen will take on moisture and discolor some.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #22
OkeeteeMom
OMNI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni View Post
I've heard good/bad reviews from all the suppliers, weighed my choices and had ordered from RP. Some of the reviews and recent actions from the bigger suppliers carry a little more weight to me now. RodentPro was proactive and the 1st i think to voluntarily recall and replace older product on the salmonella issue. That meant they are trying hard to win ppl's business.
That's some good information...

Old 10-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #23
Stormy
I use BushHill Rodents. They dont have a site yet but are located in Louisiana, will deliver locally for a small fee (depends on how far he has to drive) and we have gotten both frozen and live from them and never had any issues. They post often on FaunaClassifieds.com and do ship also. I went as far to recommend them to my friend who buys mice for her ferrets in NY because she had had nothing but bad luck from RP and MD.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #24
wyteboi
We recently used American Rodent Supply. Our total was 121.00 and some change and we got:

100 Pinkies
100 Fuzzies
100 Crawlers
150 Small Mice
50 Medium Mice

Shipping was free to where we live in Tennessee, there was a 10.00 packing charge (to cover the dry ice I suspect). All the rodents were fully intact upon inspection and our snakes feed on them really good. The only downfall is there is a minimum order of $100.

Hope that helps someone!

http://americanrodent.com/

Old 10-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #25
Stormy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyteboi View Post
We recently used American Rodent Supply. Our total was 121.00 and some change and we got:

100 Pinkies
100 Fuzzies
100 Crawlers
150 Small Mice
50 Medium Mice

Shipping was free to where we live in Tennessee, there was a 10.00 packing charge (to cover the dry ice I suspect). All the rodents were fully intact upon inspection and our snakes feed on them really good. The only downfall is there is a minimum order of $100.

Hope that helps someone!

http://americanrodent.com/
Wow, that seems like a really good price. Shipping is usually like 40-50 bucks alone though so that makes me wonder how they can offer that many mice with free shipping at that cost.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #26
wyteboi
Just an example for the person who was ordering the pups. From American Rodent Supply you can get 200 pups for 130.00, plus a 10.00 packing charge. I spoke wrong in my previous post though, shipping is free to those in the red zone but that's still an excellent price on pups even if you have to pay shipping.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:30 AM   #27
wyteboi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
Wow, that seems like a really good price. Shipping is usually like 40-50 bucks alone though so that makes me wonder how they can offer that many mice with free shipping at that cost.
I'm not sure really. I do know we had a very good experience with them and we highly recommend them. They have good reviews over on Fauna as well.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...+Rodent+Supply

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...+Rodent+Supply

The one says they are more expensive than Rodent Pro (who we also have dealt with and gotten great service from by the way) that wasn't our experience we got double for the same price but that could be the case sometimes. However, if you add in the free shipping it was a big savings!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #28
Stormy
Hmm I may have to try them when we need F/t. People often forget to take the cost of shipping into account when looking at pricing.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:43 AM   #29
wyteboi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
Hmm I may have to try them when we need F/t. People often forget to take the cost of shipping into account when looking at pricing.
I believe you're right about that, that was one of the reasons we decided to try them (and the good reviews). Louisiana is in the free shipping so you should be able to get a good price on what you need. They do run specials too, if you click on specials you can see what they are. Like I said we've had great luck with them, we'll be ordering from them next time too.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #30
Old_School
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedSweetheart View Post
Well none of my snakes eat rat anything because they are so big. I just ordered a bunch of mice from Rodent Pro. It took a little while for them to ship but once shipped I got my order just a few days later. They were packaged really nice and everything was still frozen when I got it.

I ordered a bag of 100 small pinkies, 100 pinkies, 100 peach fuzzies, 100 fuzzies, 100 hoppers, 50 weanlings. Total price including shipping was $152.04.

I know I have more than 4 snakes will eat in a year, but I'm hoping to make some signs and put up in the local pet stores to see if anyone would like to share (for a small fee if possible). The local pet stores might not like me putting up the signs. I just have to try and see. I only decided to order mice because the local pet stores f/t feeders look horrible and I was so sick of it. The mice are so small and skinny and covered in yellow diarrhea! I'm happy to say that the mice from Rodent Pro are much healthier looking (also bigger than the same type of mouse at the pet store).
You'd be surprised at how long they keep.. a little frost bite doesn't hurt a thing.. I bulk ordered in Feb. from rodent pro ( I love dealing with them) and just finished up that order.. and they were fine...snakes had no problem wanting to eat them been doing it this way for years.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
frozen feeders, mice, rats