CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

FROZEN FEEDERS PRICE COMPARISONS

Old 10-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #31
WingedSweetheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_School View Post
You'd be surprised at how long they keep.. a little frost bite doesn't hurt a thing.. I bulk ordered in Feb. from rodent pro ( I love dealing with them) and just finished up that order.. and they were fine...snakes had no problem wanting to eat them been doing it this way for years.
I was worried about the pinkies. Will they keep that long too?

Old 10-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #32
Old_School
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedSweetheart View Post
I was worried about the pinkies. Will they keep that long too?
I have never had a problem with them.. again they might get a bit frosty, and not beautiful looking to our eyes,..but the snakes love em regardless.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #33
Jim Godfrey
If you place your bags of frozen rodents in plastic containers and fill them with ice cold water (to prevent thawing) then freeze them in the water you will get better results from long term storage in the freezer. Freezers dehydrate items even if they are vacuum sealed in plastic. Only very heavy weight plastic will resist this. Home use vacuum sealers such as the Food Saver machines do not use plastic that resists drying for several months.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #34
OkeeteeMom
JIM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Godfrey View Post
If you place your bags of frozen rodents in plastic containers and fill them with ice cold water (to prevent thawing) then freeze them in the water you will get better results from long term storage in the freezer. Freezers dehydrate items even if they are vacuum sealed in plastic. Only very heavy weight plastic will resist this. Home use vacuum sealers such as the Food Saver machines do not use plastic that resists drying for several months.
Who Knew?! That's great information...thanks.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #35
Old_School
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkeeteeMom View Post
Who Knew?! That's great information...thanks.
That's what makes this site so great.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #36
wax32
I've used The Mouse Factory and Rodent Pro. Both are pretty nice, TMF can get you your mice NEXT DAY oftentimes... at RP you have to wait at least a few days to a week.

After reading about American Rodent Supply and their free shipping to Louisiana, I might give them a try on my next order.

Since I am not ready to actually order (just got a HUGE order from RP) I don't want to go thru the process.... do they take PAYPAL for payment?

Old 11-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #37
Definitions
Ha sanyone ever used LLL REPTILE for frozen feeders?

Old 11-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #38
wyteboi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax32 View Post
I've used The Mouse Factory and Rodent Pro. Both are pretty nice, TMF can get you your mice NEXT DAY oftentimes... at RP you have to wait at least a few days to a week.

After reading about American Rodent Supply and their free shipping to Louisiana, I might give them a try on my next order.

Since I am not ready to actually order (just got a HUGE order from RP) I don't want to go thru the process.... do they take PAYPAL for payment?

I don't believe American Rodent Supply takes PayPal but they take credit cards right on their site. Which works for me since I pay with the same card I use on my PayPal.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #39
wax32
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyteboi View Post
I don't believe American Rodent Supply takes PayPal but they take credit cards right on their site. Which works for me since I pay with the same card I use on my PayPal.
Ahh ok. I use my paypal balance from selling snakes to pay for my mice.

DOing the math, in the quantity I generally buy ARS isn't really any cheaper. They SAY free shipping but they charge $1.25 a mouse instead of $0.35 each like at RP. I think it works out pretty similar.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #40
Stormy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyteboi View Post
This is also easily solved by getting a paypal debit card. It comes directly from your paypal account and works just like a bank card. I have had mine for years.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
frozen feeders, mice, rats