CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

FROZEN FEEDERS PRICE COMPARISONS

Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #51
OkeeteeMom
It's time for me to buy again and both my 2010's are moving up to Fuzzies. If I can find the place with the BEST consistency in weight...well, I'll buy from them. Suggestions?

Old 03-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #52
dawn75801
We buy from layne labs. 3 of mine are on fuzzies. I'd have to say the sizes of their fuzzies are much more consistent than their pinkies.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #53
OkeeteeMom
Thanks so much. I have a tab open on Layne Labs and the price is certainly comparable to all the rest, for this order anyway.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #54
OkeeteeMom
PRICING 03-03-2011

The contestants and Winner...

LAYNE LABORATORIES
100 Fuzzy Frozen Mice $32.00
Total Shipping $34.64
Total Price $66.64

BIG APPLE HERP
100 Fuzzy Frozen Mice $29.99
S/H $39.95
Total $69.94

The Winner, Three Times Now (for me anyway)...
BIG CHEESE RODENT COMPANY (Chris)
100 Fuzzy Frozen Mice $21.00
S/H $30.85
Total $51.85

I've been happy with their service and product twice already.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #55
dawn75801
Can you post contact information for Chris? We have just started breeding our own rats for the larger snakes (boas & ball pythons) but for now are still buying pinky & fuzzy mice from outside sources for my corns.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #56
OkeeteeMom
If you click on their name I have it linked to their site.
800-887-0921

817-926-3300

817-926-3305 FAX

Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #57
richbeasley
This is very informative. To add to this train of thought I'd like to know what other factors are important to the forum members. Besides price what criteria do you use to make a purchasing decision. For example:

Packaging (vacuum packing/resealable freezer bags)
Shipping included in the price of the rodents or shipping costs separate.
White rodents vs. colored rodents
etc.

Personally I have no preference concerning packing. We go through rodents quickly so I open the vacuum sealed rodents and put them in a ziplock. I can see where those who want long term storage my want to use vacuum packing.

I'd rather have shipping included in the price of my rodents that way I don't have to establish a shopping cart to determine true costs.

Color makes no difference to me. A colored mouse is as nutritious as a colored mouse.

Any thoughts?

Old 04-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #58
Karoni
I used Layne Labs for my first ever mice order. I tried to save some money the second time around by buying from Mice Direct at an expo. I will never use them again. Some of the fuzzies were so small they were pinkies. And they stink. The other day my husband said, "This is the first time I can smell the mice." He was right. Stiiiiiiinky. I'll go back to Layne Labs from now on and pay the shipping.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #59
OkeeteeMom
ANY ONE IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA...

up for going in on an order and splitting the costs? Contact me ASAP if you're interested. I need to place an order this week.

But if you know of a place in Vegas with good feeders at great prices, let me know that too,

Thanks!

Old 01-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #60
visceralrepulsion
I have to agree with Karoni, I really like Layne Labs. Though their pricing may be slightly higher than some, the quality outweighs the price savings from others. I also like that with growing snakes, I don't have to order 100 mice that I'm not going to use. Layne Labs allows you to order as little as 25 mice, or as many as 1,000. Of course the more you order of any type the more you save. With growing snakes on different sized mice this really helps to allow you to order the mice you need at the moment, and the mice you are going to need after your snake surpasses the mice it's currently on, without so much waste. I don't know about everyone else, but when I ordered 100 mice for a snake that doesn't eat for about 4 months during the spring, I have major waste, too. Also, the products from Layne Labs is of reputable condition. I like that they freeze their mice all in an arms tucked under position, which virtually eliminates the "mice tangles" I've had with other orders. Their products also arrived quicker, even when I didn't order Monday-Wednesday noon, which includes 2 day shipping. And considering Layne Labs is in California, a much farther delivery than the 2 hour away mice I ordered from rodentpro.com in my homestate. To top it off the mice arrived from across the country all still completely frozen and with ice to spare.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
frozen feeders, mice, rats