CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

East Coast Help

Old 07-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
nicolefowler2005
East Coast Help

Does anyone on the east coast have a feeder supplier that they are willing to put in a good word for? I'm in Maine and cannot seem to find a good supplier with good product!! I'm not happy with the feeders I'm getting at the only pet store within 60 miles of me so I'm looking for an online supplier that ships to the east coast without astronomical prices to do so

Nicole

Old 07-03-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
Pilarcoder
From what I've read on here it seems rodent pro has the best prices for the east coast but I haven't investigated yet so maybe someone else knows somewhere better, I'm interested as well. I'm still on pinks and they are cheap enough by me but I thinking of getting a second corn soon and I like that most places you can order them by weight were no stores here by me sell by weight just by "size" so that's a little inconvenient in the future for me

Old 07-03-2016, 06:06 PM   #3
DollysMom
Big Cheese has a good reputation and has a flat rate shipping special right now. You may be in the right zone for American Rodent Supply, which has a good reputation as well.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #4
nicolefowler2005
Oh great thank you so much!! I got some pinkies for Picky Otis yesterday at the only pet store around and they were terrible!! Otis wouldn't even go near them!! I mean they were almost black in color when I thawed them out and they even had a smell to them that was disgusting!!! My corns are my babies and I refuse to feed them something that I am unsure about so I threw them out! The only place I can get decent feeders in my area now is over 60 miles away so I would rather buy online!!!

Nicole

Old 07-03-2016, 07:03 PM   #5
Karl_Mcknight
Have you tried "Reptiles by Mack?" I believe they are out of Ohio which is fairly close to you. They have their own Brand of Rats and Mice which Rufus loves. I am able to buy them here locally, but you can also order them and have them shipped. (I have no idea about their shipping rates, you'll just have to check them out) but their mice are good quality and priced right in the stores. (Link below)

https://macksnaturalreptilefood.com/shop/

Old 07-03-2016, 07:19 PM   #6
Pilarcoder
Thanks Karl I'll look into shipping to New York later for myself

Old 07-03-2016, 11:52 PM   #7
nicolefowler2005
Thanks Karl!! I went and drove 66 miles today to get some pinkies for Otis from a different place and you know what......he ate two for the very first time!! So now I'm starting to wonder if poor quality feeders was part of his problem this whole time!!! I would love to start feeding Bella small rats so I will definitely check with reptiles by Mack, I almost bought a corn from them once too!!

Nicole

Old 07-04-2016, 12:43 AM   #8
Dragonling
As someone who worked there briefly just before they started selling feeders...I'm hesitant.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:44 AM   #9
DLena
I am in Western NYS and have only ordered bulk mice twice. The first time was from American Rodent. I bought sizes crawler up through jumbo. There was very little frozen poop and urine in with the mice. The jumbo size were not as "fresh" as the smaller sizes: the jumbo ziplock bags were quite brittle, the jumbo mice darkened up when thawed and smelled a bit strong. Gypsy only ate one jumbo size once and rejected them ever after so I threw those away. The second time I bulk ordered was from Layne Labs. Yes, I bit the bullet on the shipping. I have only had these mice for one feeding, but they look great! The mice are not stuck to each other at all, are very white, no odor when thawed. I have seen exactly one piece of poop and no frozen urine. The resealable pouches are super thick. The tails and legs are tucked. Yes, it is expensive to ship, but the product is amazing.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #10
DollysMom
I'm so sorry you had trouble with the Jumbos from ARS DLena. I bought pinkies from them at a show and was very pleased with them.

I'm a Layne Labs lover and am on my third order from there. Shipping to the Midwest costs in the $45 range so I can imagine what it costs to the East Coast. I do the math and it is still cost effective for me over buying in a local store.

I agree, their quality has been flawless. My last order came in Mylar resealable bags (rather than heavy plastic), though I have taken to repackaging in smaller Ziploc Vacuum bags (hand pump style) and then putting those in regular Ziploc freezer bags. Freezer burn is not a function of mouse quality, but rather of packaging. Luckily freezer burn mostly rehydrates if you thaw your mice in water. In any case the Mylar, if you don't repackage, should be less permeable to air.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google