CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Regurgitation question

Old 08-16-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
gekkos
Regurgitation question

This morning i discovered my 5 month old corn had regurgitated his meal from 2 days ago. The regurge was a fuzzy was completely brown. Partially digested and almost looked mummified.
Im am.concerned as i have never had a snake regurgitate before and i hear that its a very serious thing that can cause damage an loss of amino acids. Prior to feeding and 48 hours after i had not handled my snake or cauaes him any type of stress.

Im wondering if maybe the fuzzies are too large. My snake weighs aroung 28 grams and is nearly nearing 2 ft long. Prior to switching to fuzzies he was heating two pinkies per meal every 7 days. The feeding of two pinkies always went down super fast and never left a noticeable buldge. So i switched up to fuzzies. The first fuzzie i offered him went perfectly normal. He didn't regurgitate and it left a slight buldge. I waited 9 day before i offered the sexond fuzzie which he regurgitated.

His set up is a 10 gallon
Tons of hides.
Aspen bedding
UTH set to 85 on the warm side.
Humidity sits around 35 but i bump it up when hes in shed.
He has had perfect sheds 3 times since ivr owned him.

Should i be concerned? How long should i wait before considering offering another meal and should i go back to pinkies? What signs should i look for if my snake isn't well after regurgitation?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Old 08-16-2016, 08:05 AM   #2
Nanci
Do you know how much the fuzzies weigh, that you are feeding? I agree, at 28 grams, he should be able to eat a 6 or 7 gram fuzzy.

Is it possible he is or is going blue? I never feed when the snake is blue. If I can't see it, I also notice lack of activity, lack of presence on feeding day, or a larger than expected weight gain, or lack of poop from the last meal.

You should go back to one large or two small pinks, skipping the next feeding, which puts you at about 10 days without food. If you can obtain Nutribac, it would be good to put that on his mice for the next several months. I would begin slitting his mice, through the skull and back, several slits through the skin.

So two pinks, two larger pinks, two larger pinks, the smallest fuzzy you can find, then increase the size just slightly every time. Always slit, never feed when blue. Nutribac is beneficial.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google