CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New Member! Also Question about Miami Breeders

Old 02-06-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
Zaltys
New Member! Also Question about Miami Breeders

Hi! My name's Alysha!

I just joined this forum last week and super insane excited to be getting my corn snake shipped hopefully soon from Don Soderberg at South Mountain. Its been 10 years since I owned my last corn (Zaltys who is in my Avatar) which is waaaaaaaayyyyy too long to be going without a corn. Needless to say I am going through some serious corn-withdrawal at the mo'. Been waiting over a week for my new guy to be shipped since weather is too cold up here in upstate NY, looks like I wont have a chance to get him till NEXT week now. So I am planning on my next purchase already to keep me sane while I wait

New guy from Don is an Extreme Okeetee. His name is Quetzalcoatl.

I also want to be getting a female Miami Corn as well and have been trying to research who the best breeders for this tricky colouring are. Or shall I say breeders who have had the best success with getting the ever coveted silver/gray ground colour with burgundy saddles.

I have just found Carol Huddleston's website but Im not sure if she is still running it or breeding still??? It seems to be stuck on 2010... I also have found some threads here with folks mentioning her etc... but they are all from 2012 and earlier. Am I too late to the party? Anyone know of any other breeders out there who seem to have a knack of throwing out some high contrast Miami's?

Let me know if I should make a thread for this request.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
I like the Miami Types too. I think that "Steel Gray" Color is sharp with the orange and red.

There is a guy named Tim Mangrum on Facebook. He lives in Miami and is always posting pictures of his Miami Corn snakes. Some of them he catches wild, and I think some of them are pets.

I honestly don't know if he is a breeder or seller, but he has the most amazing Miami Type Corn snakes I've ever seen.

I would suggest you get in touch with him, and maybe he will sell you one, but if not, perhaps he can steer you in the right direction. (The picture I am enclosing with this post is one of Tim's he recently posted.)

While you're currently dealing with Don Soderberg, did you not ask him about Miami Corns? Does he not breed those?

Old 02-06-2018, 06:12 PM   #3
Zaltys
Hi! Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely check him out. Yeah actually I was going to see if Don has any but when I check his site (like daily lol) He doesnt have any up for sale. Hatchlings OR adults. Im surprised really cuz I thought they were quite common (not being some type of super-morph and just being a wild type and all) He might just be sold out. His last batch is 2017s. Thats the batch I ordered my Extreme from (One day I would like to get into selectively breeding Extreme Miami's )

Thanks so much for the info on Tim Mangrum, I'll look him on FB. Yeah Ive seen some AMAZING photos out there of really beautiful silver ones with firey saddles. Just gorgeous. Too bad the Miami colouring is not a recessive trait that one can breed for. From what I've read its basically pot luck with a dash of selective breeding.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:21 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaltys View Post
......... Thanks so much for the info on Tim Mangrum, I'll look him on FB. Yeah Ive seen some AMAZING photos out there of really beautiful silver ones with firey saddles. Just gorgeous. Too bad the Miami colouring is not a recessive trait that one can breed for. From what I've read its basically pot luck with a dash of selective breeding.
That's one reason why I mentioned Tim to you. He actually lives in Miami, and he catches them all the time. Apparently it's not so "Pot Luck" as you call it down there. There appears to be an awful lot of the Miami Coloring actually occurring in Miami. LOL!!!!

I'm not sure what the laws are down there. Some states don't let you mess with the wild life and some do. For all I know he may be using wild caught as breeders?????? I have no idea, but he does have pictures of some really nice snakes.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #5
Zaltys
Thats so true!!! I cant recall the site off hand, (I think its Sunshine Serpents) but it was of a couple who live in Miami and breed+ catch Miami corns. It doesnt seem like they sell though, just have a site about it. Anyway, some of their WILD caught are AMAZING. So beautiful!! No need for human interference lol!!

Hey do mind double checking if his name is Tim Mangrum, or "Mangum". I searched FB and found a Tim Mangum with a photo of what looks like a Motley(?) as his profile pic. (forgive my sever deficiency is identifying morphs, I am still learning all of the different types.)

Old 02-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #6
Karl_Mcknight
Yup, my mistake. It is Mangum. Sorry

Old 02-06-2018, 06:42 PM   #7
Zaltys
OK cool lol! Thanks!!

Old 02-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #8
Zaltys
by the way that should read *severe ---not server

Old 02-06-2018, 07:40 PM   #9
Nanci
Carol is still breeding snakes. I might do a clutch of milksnake Miamis, or pinstripe Miami motleys, or both.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:40 AM   #10
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Carol is still breeding snakes.
x2. Her site hasn't been updated in a long time. I picked up a couple from her this past fall that she had posted on her facebook page.

Another one to check out is Walter Smith's captive creations. He has some really nice miamis and a pleasure to deal with.

Mystic exotics on this forum also has miamis but seems to mostly deal with tesseras.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google