CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

My First Colony (Photos)

Old 09-26-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
Lore
My First Colony (Photos)

Well, I decided to get some mice to make my own pinks and fuzzies since I have a good amount of hatchlings, while I was at it, I decided I'll get some fun looking ones

I bought 2 Males and 4 Females.

As soon as I got them all put in the tank, the boys went to work

Old 09-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #2
CoralSnowCorn
Nice

Nice mice, I wish I could breed mice, just have to work harder on my parents. Ya so nice little mice hope they are good for you lol

Old 09-26-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
cncslick
nice mice. just becareful with 2 males im the same tank as the females. all you needed was 1 male. the 2 may fight and may kill each other's offspring as well.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:03 AM   #4
Bobo's Mama
I agree with what he said. You have a perfect number to make 2 sets of 1:2, and that's all you really need. I'd be afraid that the males would fight, and you might end up with a lot less than 6 if they really get into it.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 AM   #5
Lore
Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:03 AM   #6
carol
Congrats! They are adorable! Just wait until you have to feed off those super cute colorful fuzzies, those breeders should throw some cuties.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
Lore
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Congrats! They are adorable! Just wait until you have to feed off those super cute colorful fuzzies, those breeders should throw some cuties.
LOL! I know, I was thinking about that. They DID have plain ol' White Mice... but I figured, hey if I'm going to breed em' I might as well have fun with it... but then... I'm going to have adorable babies... We'll see if I can actually do the deed

I'm thinking I will be able to... but I think I'll end up with more mice than I bargined for cause if there is a super cutie... there is no way that one is going into the chamber

Old 09-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #8
Dank241
Awwwwwww those are some super cute mice !!!!!
just remember ..... even if the babies are cute they are still snake food !!!!
I will come over and help you feed the snakes if you feel the babies are too cute ..... RODENTS of any kind = food ......

Good luck with them....

I remember I had a pair of hamsters once and when the female was pregnant she ate the males head !!!! It is one of the worst childhood memories I have .. I just remember looking in the cage and there was this bloody hamster without a head .... LOL .... weird

Old 09-27-2006, 10:32 AM   #9
Lore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank241
Awwwwwww those are some super cute mice !!!!!
just remember ..... even if the babies are cute they are still snake food !!!!
I will come over and help you feed the snakes if you feel the babies are too cute ..... RODENTS of any kind = food ......

Good luck with them....

I remember I had a pair of hamsters once and when the female was pregnant she ate the males head !!!! It is one of the worst childhood memories I have .. I just remember looking in the cage and there was this bloody hamster without a head .... LOL .... weird
OH GAWD!

My idea is once my female mice are looking wide, I will remove the males into a seperate enclosure so that the female mice can just concentrate on the babies. Once I harvest the "crop" I'll throw the males back in.

We'll see if that works out for me.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:20 AM   #10
breedingcolors
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentLore
OH GAWD!

My idea is once my female mice are looking wide, I will remove the males into a seperate enclosure so that the female mice can just concentrate on the babies. Once I harvest the "crop" I'll throw the males back in.

We'll see if that works out for me.
Really really cute mice.

Mice don't like changes so you could have problems when you will want to reintroduce the males. As the others said you should buy another tank and have 2 colonies instead of one with 2 males. They will produce better like this and you can let the male in with them. He will help with the babies too.

Good luck.

P.S.: It will also stink less with only one male by tank.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google