CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

How long do frozen pinks, fuzzies, hoppers, mice last?

Old 10-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
LindsayMarie
Question How long do frozen pinks, fuzzies, hoppers, mice last?

How long do frozen pinkies, fuzzies, hoppers and mice last in the freezer? I want to order from an online store as I am sure their product would be much healthier then that I could buy at my local pet store. I was thinking of trying the big cheese rodents or mouse factory. I only have 2 hatchlings though (2 more might be coming) and the pricing isnt that great till you order in larger quantities. I am not sure what to do. To bad I couldnt find a local supplier? hmm..

Old 10-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
maegann
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...highlight=long

this should help

Old 10-03-2006, 08:51 PM   #3
Joolz68
Big Cheese Rodent Factory vacuum-seals their products. it should last about a year unopened. Once opened, a good 6 months if you keep in a zip-lock baggie (with air squeezed out), which is then placed inside a plastic container back into the freezer.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:29 PM   #4
Fatman608
I order now and then from Big Cheese because I raise my own mice in small numbers. The vacuum sealed bag will later 2 years unopened. When I only had 2 hachlings, I ordered small pinkies, fuzzies, and hoppers. The 2 hachlings out grew the small pinkies very fast so I would feed them 2 pinkies at a time. The same with the fuzzies and the hoppers. By the time I got to the hoppers, they were over a year and half old and in perfect condition.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google