CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Can corns eat hamsters?

Old 02-12-2007, 12:06 AM   #21
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almase
Oh, these two are really friendly. They cost $10 and mice are $2 at that petshop. I think I might be able to get one mouse for each of them. They can take a tumble though. Thats true haha.
you know, it might be smarter to actually talk to a pet shop and trade for mice. maybe you can get 6-7 mice for the price of these guys in trade. You are thinking just sheer pleasure of killing your hamsters and not thinking on how to turn this around and either make a profit for yourself to feed your snake or just help it out.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:15 AM   #22
Almase
The petshops usually buy pets buy for like 3 tenths of the cost or something like that. I wouldnt be able to get 6-7 $2 mice for the price of one $10 hamster. I would be able to maybe get two mice for both the hamsters. But why bother trading when I can just buy the mice, its not that much money. Besides that means I have two little hamsters I can feed or torture for my own pleasure. (Satire humor)

Old 02-12-2007, 12:33 AM   #23
tyflier
Consider that:

A-Most pet shops don't "pay" for their mice...at least not directly. 3-4 mice per hamster seems like a fair business trade. Something that you can charge $10-12 a pop in trade for something that cost nothing but feed to produce.

B-Mice will be better for your corn. As stated earlier, hamsters are too large for the average adult corn.

C-Get live mice in trade and you lose nothing in sadistic pleasure, but gain 6 or so weeks of food rather than 2.

To me, after reading the VERY knowledgable information presented by Carol recently, it seems a "no brainer" to at least make a call to the pet shop and ask them if they'd be willing to make the trade. You've really nothing to lose and everything to gain...

Old 02-12-2007, 12:56 AM   #24
Almase
lol, I'll call em. Im not saying I wont...But that "sheer pleasure of killing" thing is BS. I dont kill for sheer pleasure. I sacrifice for pleasure. Big difference. (Again satire humor) I think trick read something wrong, and then you took what I said wrong also....And BTW I had no intentions of giving the snake a hamster diet. I only asked the question cause I have two hamsters. I just dont want you all to think I was gonna buy hamsters all the time to feed. That'd be expensive. heh heh

Old 02-12-2007, 12:59 AM   #25
tyflier
I caught your humor. My "sub-topic 'C'" was meant as a joke. I realised you were kidding...the "(satire humour)" helped, but I got it .

Old 02-12-2007, 01:02 AM   #26
Almase
lol, Ok. Just wanted to make sure no one thought I was weird or nothin like that. I mean I've seriously considered skinning a mouse because I think a mouse pelt would look kinda cool and different hung up on my wall. But thats no reason to think a guy is sadistic is it? I mean its just a hobby like hangin up deer skin.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #27
tyflier
It's only sadistic if the mouse is still alive, you use a dull knife, and you soak the still breathing critter in a vat of lemon juice after skinning...

Old 02-12-2007, 01:12 AM   #28
Almase
haha. Im glad snake owners have a sense of humor. I was in a hamster forum when I got my hammies and I couldnt joke about anything relating to animals. I think people who own carnivorous animals know more about life and such than herbavore owning people. I mean we watch animals kill other animals and we understand better that that is how nature works. Animals kill another animal to survive. If I would of went in the hamster thing and questioned if a snake could eat a hamster I would of got yelled at by everyone and maybe banned lol....I did eventually get banned but it was because we were talking politics and my view on politics is the same with animals. Kill your enemies before they kill you. After all humans are animals too. Its the way things work. -_-

Old 02-12-2007, 01:13 AM   #29
Almase
Oh, what I mean by kill your enemies is in war, I dont mean literally to go out and kill somone you dont like. lol

Old 02-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #30
tyflier
My sense of humour and my understanding of life's harsh realities have nothing to do with my being a snake owner. In fact, I might eb a snake owner because of those things, but definitely not vie-versa.

My sense of humour and understanding of harsh reality comes from growing up in a very tough neighborhood with 2 brothers and a mother that had a quicker wit than anyone I've ever met. We survived in 1 of 2 ways...you made your enemy laugh(or embarrassed, in some cases) or you beat them to within inches of their lives. Either way...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google