• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Can corns eat hamsters?

First off, its not sadistic. I live on a stable. You dont want certain animals on stables, mice, rats, oppossums for example. They pass diseases to the horses and horses are a few thousand dolloar animals. So what do I do with a mouse? Stomp on it? Well if I do that its dying. Let it go in the woods so it can come back? No, thats stupid. You give it to your cat. It helps teach cats to hunt, it brings out the predator in them. Just like when you train coondogs you might release a coon for it to chase after. Or you get coon skin and play tug a war with it. You help bring out their natural animal instinct. There is nothing sadistic about giving a live mouse to a cat. YOu can give a live mouse to a snake and watch it latch on and choke it to death. You're an idiot, all of you who think what I do with mice are. You do not understand how dangerous those animals can be to horses. Even humans.

Cuntson, you wont be posting in this thread again because you are a coward. You know there is no such thing as global warming. First it was global cooling with you moronic leftists, now its global warming make up your mind. If the planet is getting hotter then why did we just have the coldest wint in my state? Why were the farmers in California afraid that their fruits would freeze? You my friend are a coward. If you're man enough why dont you send me a message on myspace and we'll discuss this. If not then dont bother wasting my time with your "kid" crap. Did everyone in Connecticut drink the punch, or are you the only idiot who did?

Nanci, its like I said. If you want to spend money on something like that, thats your deal. I dont care. It has nothing to do with me. Im just saying that I would not.

Carol, if you are talking to me then I have to tell you my snake can swallow it. Have any of you morons bothered to ask how big the hamsters were? I mean by name they are DWARF hamsters. Maybe they are still young one. You all jump to conclusions like its a dang guinea pig or something. And yes Carol, I would enjoy watching that.

Susan, no I didnt pull wings off flys. I put them in the freezer then glued them to little match stick airplanes and then blew on them to unfreeze them and watched them fly around like little engines on my plane.

Tthisto, the cat was flinging the mouse around. The cat pounced on it, let it run then jumped it again. Picked it up and brought it into the open. Smacked it. Let it run away then grabbed it again. The cat even started rolling over on it on purpose. Are you saying that the cat is cruel?

Tyflier, im sure you can find the begining of this whole thing and see that it wasnt me who started all of this. I just responded back. I dont do backwoods politics. Try again. Besides, arent you doing the same thing you say I am doing? Only you're not calling me names right out, you are doing a typical cowardly attack on my by disguising your insults as stereo types. "Backwoods". Why dont you reread what your wrote. What I wrote back to that person was to her. Not you. Good, then shut it. I tried changing subject several times but new people come in and start it up again. Why dont you look back and you will see that.

Yes LennyCorn it is. If any of you wanna talk about me being "Cruel" or my "politics" then PLEASE PLEASE just send it to my myspace account www.myspace.com/almaseamir Because I really dont like having to come here and read the pages of everyone putting in their two sense. Just copy what I wrote you have a problem with and then send it along with your reply to my myspace. Im deleting this thread from my thingy where these things are saved to. So again. If you have something to say to me, then say it through myspace. THANK YOU.

Almase - I want to thank you for trying to take the debate elsewhere as it really doesn't belong here. I must agree with you on some points , such as global cooling/warming/just the natural cycle the Earth has been going through for centuries and nobody has taken the trouble to document it before. I also forgot that you have horses and barns with barn cats. Helping teach a cat to do its job in your instance is exactly that...training. I apologize for my fly statement...to you anyway. And since you will not be viewing this thread again, I will PM this post to you. I just wanted others to see this as well in hopes that they will now drop this thread as I will now be.

Almase said:
Cuntson, you wont be posting in this thread again because you are a coward. You know there is no such thing as global warming. First it was global cooling with you moronic leftists, now its global warming make up your mind. If the planet is getting hotter then why did we just have the coldest wint in my state? Why were the farmers in California afraid that their fruits would freeze? You my friend are a coward. If you're man enough why dont you send me a message on myspace and we'll discuss this. If not then dont bother wasting my time with your "kid" crap. Did everyone in Connecticut drink the punch, or are you the only idiot who did?
:roflmao: Ok, I lied. I'll make one more post. The cleverness of your profane alteration of my username dragged me back. I'm humbled by your genius. :grin01:

Yeah, you're right-- I'm too much of a coward to debate your towering intellect. I've been debating successfully since before you put your first firecracker up a frog's anus, and before you performed your first backwoods vivisection, but you're the best I've ever seen. You're such a brave man that you choose a mousie sub-forum on a snake site to incite others with your b.s.. Your stupid points about climate change have been spouted by ignorant children for years, and refuted for just as long. Go do some research, and I don't mean searching for "o'reilly + warming" on youtube.

I love you internet heroes, you "hard men" flinging phrases like "coward" and "man enough" around. It's especially amusing in a mousie forum!

Go start an ignorant thread about your views in the 'general chit-chat' forum, and maybe I'll waste some time replying. I'm certainly not going to chase you around myspace so I can read any more of your PRATT (points refuted a thousand times) or your Limbaugh regurgitations. Maybe try thinking for yourself for a minute or two before composing your opening post. I know it'll be tough, but give it a shot.

And yes, I drank the punch, kid. It was spiked and everything. Maybe when you're old enough to buy alcohol, you can give it a try. It might be just the thing you need to right that imbalance.

Now run along and kill a hamster or something... :wavey:

Almase said:
Tthisto, the cat was flinging the mouse around. The cat pounced on it, let it run then jumped it again. Picked it up and brought it into the open. Smacked it. Let it run away then grabbed it again. The cat even started rolling over on it on purpose. Are you saying that the cat is cruel?

Yes, and no.

Yes, the cat is causing pain, stress and fear to an animal for a prolonged period of time, and this pain, stress and fear is avoidable, so in that respect the mouse is experiencing inhumane treatment.

No... because the cat, regardless of how smart cats may be, does not have enough brains to KNOW that it is causing the mouse pain, stress and fear - nor should one expect a cat to have brains enough to care, because they are not sapient human beings.

I do however expect a human to have brains enough to care - and to avoid causing pain, stress and fear whenever possible.

In my experience, encouraging your cat to play with live mice does not teach it to hunt them any more efficiently - it just teaches them to play with their food.

My cats are VERY efficient at catching and IMMEDIATELY killing mice... because they know that a live mouse inside the house is going to be taken away. A dead mouse, they get to keep if they want to eat it - I don't catch the cat and take it off them without offering a 'bribe'.

And we had a wonderful practical demonstration of this when one of my young breeder mice escaped. She leaped off my hand and darted out into the hall - and before she'd gotten more than two steps down the stairs the cat had the mouse and the mouse was dead. Immediate kill, minimum of pain, stress and fear. Cat let me have the mouse back, too - and she got an immediate food reward for doing so.

By all means, do what you like with the mice and the hamsters and the snakes for that matter... but don't expect everyone to go "yeah, you're right after all. We should all do whatever we please to other living things because we CAN."

Roy Munson said:
:roflmao: Ok, I lied. I'll make one more post. The cleverness of your profane alteration of my username dragged me back. I'm humbled by your genius. :grin01:

Yeah, you're right-- I'm too much of a coward to debate your towering intellect. I've been debating successfully since before you put your first firecracker up a frog's anus, and before you performed your first backwoods vivisection, but you're the best I've ever seen. You're such a brave man that you choose a mousie sub-forum on a snake site to incite others with your b.s.. Your stupid points about climate change have been spouted by ignorant children for years, and refuted for just as long. Go do some research, and I don't mean searching for "o'reilly + warming" on youtube.

I love you internet heroes, you "hard men" flinging phrases like "coward" and "man enough" around. It's especially amusing in a mousie forum!

Go start an ignorant thread about your views in the 'general chit-chat' forum, and maybe I'll waste some time replying. I'm certainly not going to chase you around myspace so I can read any more of your PRATT (points refuted a thousand times) or your Limbaugh regurgitations. Maybe try thinking for yourself for a minute or two before composing your opening post. I know it'll be tough, but give it a shot.

And yes, I drank the punch, kid. It was spiked and everything. Maybe when you're old enough to buy alcohol, you can give it a try. It might be just the thing you need to right that imbalance.

Now run along and kill a hamster or something... :wavey:

You know, I said I wouldn't post again in here but I just couldn't let this go by......
Almase refers to a well respected contributing member of this forum (Dean)as "cuntson" and that slides by? It's parents did this child a huge disservice. Not only did they spawn a sadistic and cruel specimen, they should have slapped its nasty mouth and taught it some respect.

Last edited:
starsevol said:
You know, I said I wouldn't post again in here but I just couldn't let this go by......
Almase refers to a well respected contributing member of this forum (Dean)as "cuntson" and that slides by? It's parents did this child a huge disservice. Not only did they spawn a sadistic and cruel specimen, they should have slapped its nasty mouth and taught it some respect.
Well I agree with you on that Dean is a naughty Man and should be punished, Often.
pom5.jpg

Dean -

From your keyboard, that was a thing of beauty.

Had it come from mine, it'd be reason for me to not be a mod. ;)

Go figure.

regards,
jazz

jazzgeek said:
Dean -

From your keyboard, that was a thing of beauty.

Had it come from mine, it'd be reason for me to not be a mod. ;)

Go figure.

regards,
jazz

Thanks Dale, but I really don't feel that great about it. It's like giving the boot to the runty, funny-headed puppy that walks into walls and just peed on your shoe-- not something to really be proud of. (Don't worry, I haven't done this to my own runty, funny-headed puppy that just walked into the wall after peeing on my shoe. Bad Vader!)

I really tried to be good, and not reply to this kind of crap; I only lasted about 40 hours. But I won't withdraw my name from the mod nominee list. I've been in management before, and I was very successful, so I'm quite capable of turning "it" off for duty's sake (and I think you know what I mean by "it"). But as you might have guessed by the posts I've made since the announcement, winning the "election" isn't of paramount concern to me. And after all, winning the post and holding on to it are two very different things. ;)

I wanted to say that reputation thing but someone beat me to it, my day will come, but for now I'll just run around yelling oh snap while Roy is standing with arms folded

Roy Munson said:
Thanks Dale, but I really don't feel that great about it. It's like giving the boot to the runty, funny-headed puppy that walks into walls and just peed on your shoe-- not something to really be proud of. (Don't worry, I haven't done this to my own runty, funny-headed puppy that just walked into the wall after peeing on my shoe. Bad Vader!)
You don't have to "feel" anything about it.

As I've said many a time, I'm all for civility, but if it escalates, "I'll punch you in the soul". Your response was, imho, a measured rejoinder to the idiotic trolling that has sadly become commonplace here, and a well-turned rejoinder at that. You weren't responding to (again, imho) a runty, funny-headed puppy. The troll was quite capable of forming complete sentences, just not too well versed at defending a position. And of course, he was the one to pull the "Kool-Aid drinker" reference outta his keester.

Did I mention that I'm a big fan of irony? ;)

I really tried to be good, and not reply to this kind of crap; I only lasted about 40 hours. But I won't withdraw my name from the mod nominee list. I've been in management before, and I was very successful, so I'm quite capable of turning "it" off for duty's sake (and I think you know what I mean by "it"). But as you might have guessed by the posts I've made since the announcement, winning the "election" isn't of paramount concern to me. And after all, winning the post and holding on to it are two very different things. ;)
Nobody is asking for your name to be withdrawn.

Matter of fact, if anything, it was a ringing endorsement from me.

Which - of course - is your death knell. :grin01:

regards,
jazz

jazzgeek said:
Nobody is asking for your name to be withdrawn.

I got you! I didn't take it that way. Bad transition/segue, that's all. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
One more point I'd like to make: you know you're not a kid anymore when you embrace and appreciate being called one. ;) Poll THAT!

back on topic, I have fed all sizes of dwarfs and small to med. normal hamsters to colubrids . I had no problem but hamsters was not used as a staple. Mice, rats and gerbils were also in their diet. I dont think hamsters as a staple is healthy diet, too much fat contant in a hamster

I wouldn't give a snake a live hamster.

hamsters are mean, they won't hesitate to scratch and bite.

Also, I'd think hamsters are more expensive and troublesome than and other kind of feeder.

OKay folks, excuse me for poking in here, but I couldn't help but wonder as I read the thread. Does this forum have moderaters? Silly question, I know, but suddenly I find myself wondering. If there are mods, what do they do? If 14 pages of flames, name calling, off topic discussion, disrespectful posts (from multiple persons), and such aren't enough to warrant a locked thread, warning from the mods, a split thread, or editing of posts, what exactly is too much? Maybe this forum just doesn't have those kind of standards, I don't know. Just seems to me this sort of thing is extremely unhealthy for the forum as well as for individuals and not something I would allow to prosper if I had a say in it.

:shrug: Just wondering.

No, no moderators yet, apparently they haven't been required before recently.

From what I gather, as mentioned in this very thread, the campaign process has just started so it may be a while yet.

I have to admit that I am one of those people that spends money to take a $5 animal to the vet. I got a rat my freshman year of college and then spent $150 to get rid of its mites, and then $30 to get it euthinised after 3 years and a large tumur formed.
As I living thinking being I can only judge other living things based on how, if in thier position, I would want to be treated. Sure there are things that I hate: spiders, ticks, hornets, etc. But if I have a choice I don't kill them, don't get me wrong if I wake up with a spider on my face its gonna die, but if I just see a spider I let it go because I repect it as another living thing and an efficiet preditor. Point being, (IMO)there is nothing wrong with death, just with unessesary death. (again no spellcheck)

---Kenny

Back