CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

What can I feed my Corn Snake?

Old 01-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #71
GlitterFlame89
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody View Post
I typed that before u gave me the first warning.
I second that. He DID type it before the first warning... (I hope I don't get in trouble now, I was just thinking the same thing before he typed that...)

Old 01-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #72
Cody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Go easy, son. Corns don't occur in the wild in New Hampshire, so if you think you're seeing them climbing your trees, you need to study up a little more on what a corn snake actually looks like. Many of us here have been corn enthusiasts since you were just a twinkle in your Momma's eye. Heck, some have been enthusiasts since your mother was just a twinkle in your GRANDMOTHER'S eye. You're probably not going to awe us with your corn snake knowledge, so just slow down, ok? You're not making a great impression at this point.

This is spam. I don't want to see any more of it. Thanks.

Sorry, Sometimes I got carried away.In the New Hampshire State of Wildwide on snakes, There are 11 snake speices in New Hampshire, Corn Snakes are listed as one, but only because sometimes there owners abanden hatchlings, they warned against that because it destroys some of the wildlife, "please do not release your hatchling corn Snakes into the wild" SO it is possible the Snake was an abondened one, But I know that was a Corn Snake, I have a snake booko on them in the wild, and I have seen pitcures of wild Corn Snakes.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #73
Roy Munson
I was aware of the post sequence in this thread.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #74
Cody
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterFlame89 View Post
OK, thank you. No eggs than. Better safe than sorry if nothing else. Is there any reason why insects can't be used as a treat? I'm happier not bringing them in anyway, but just out of curiosity? I mean, I know they are not nutritionally balanced, but neither are Tasty Cakes and Doritios. Is that the general extent of it or is there more? Oh, and wahat does it mean to "Flame" someone? I rather thought that was a cute little smily till I saw the small uproar it caused.

Flaming means to offend/upset someone, on purpose or not. This often starts what I call Flame Wars.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #75
Roy Munson
Quote:
Sorry, Sometimes I got carried away.In the New Hampshire State of Wildwide on snakes, There are 11 snake speices in New Hampshire, Corn Snakes are listed as one, but only because sometimes there owners abanden hatchlings, they warned against that because it destroys some of the wildlife, "please do not release your hatchling corn Snakes into the wild" SO it is possible the Snake was an abondened one, But I know that was a Corn Snake, I have a snake booko on them in the wild, and I have seen pitcures of wild Corn Snakes.
I don't think you KNOW that it was a corn snake. I've seen Eastern Milksnakes that resembled corns VERY closely. Eastern Milks are common in New Hampshire. Do some more research, and tell me what you think.

There are eleven native snakes listed for NH on the site I'm linking below, but none of them is a corn snake. Which snake on the Audubon list is your list missing?

http://www.nhaudubon.org/naturalist/...listsnakes.htm

Old 01-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #76
Cody
Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
Glitter I think most of us are saying your snake is better off with rodets of appropriate size. As far as insects no they don't eat them.
She's right, although I think treats are ok like candy... Your better off just sticking with rodents as the main supplement

Old 01-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #77
Cody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
I don't think you KNOW that it was a corn snake. I've seen Eastern Milksnakes that resembled corns VERY closely. Eastern Milks are common in New Hampshire. Do some more research, and tell me what you think.

Alright I research that tommorow, I gotto go do my homework.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #78
GlitterFlame89
Smile

Yeah, that was general understanding of it, and no one disputed my analogy with Tasty Cakes and Doritios, so thats they way I'll take it. I think I'll stick with meece. The cats are all on strict health food diets and hate me for it, so why shouldn't the snake be on the same thing, right? (Danged animals eat healthier than I do, lol) Oh, and I am still trying to rep you, but I think there is something wrong with the forum or my PC. I'm guessing forum since others had problems too.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #79
GlitterFlame89
Smile

Do Eastern Milks climb trees and eat eggs? THat would make it a more likely candidate too, wouldn't it?

Old 01-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #80
Roy Munson
Quote:
She's right, although I think treats are ok like candy... Your better off just sticking with rodents as the main supplement
What? You're still doing it. You don't need to act like an authority on something when you're obviously not. Do you even know what the word "supplement" means? Seriously, you need to concern yourself less with dispensing advice, and more with learning about corns yourself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google