CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Will this change or am I just looking at the wrong time?

Old 07-21-2003, 08:46 AM   #1
<<S>>
Will this change or am I just looking at the wrong time?

My snake used to come out at about 9pm when I just got him/her. But now it just stays under his/her waterbowl....even when I checked at 2-3 AM!!

Do they come out later or...what ??

Old 07-21-2003, 12:15 PM   #2
KristyS
Most snakes are nocturnal so you will find most of the corns actions, will be during the night. I found this old thread using the search engine for you concerning how corns come out at night and day. I hope it helps some!

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...ight=nocturnal

Kristy

Old 07-21-2003, 01:32 PM   #3
Iris
In the Corn Snake Manual, it also says that corns are crepuscular (did I spell that right?) meaning they are mostly active at dawn and dusk.
From observing my snakes, I would say that this is true. One of mine comes out around the time it starts getting dark, explores around for a few hours, and then goes back into his hides around midnight. then at 5 or 6 am when the sky begins to lighten, he comes back out and roams some more.
The others aren't exactly as precise, but they seem to follow the same pattern.

Or, maybe your snake is getting ready to shed? They like to hide more around that time.

Old 07-21-2003, 06:33 PM   #4
<<S>>
really?? euhm...when their eyes get a bit foggy/white-ish....does that mean its about to shed?? 'Cause "she"(at least I think it's a she) is hiding underneath her waterbowl lately.....normaly she would come out and roam her viv...

And thnx for all your info guys....

Old 07-21-2003, 06:58 PM   #5
bmm
She is probably about to shed. Many snakes stay in hiding during this time instead of taking nightly cruises. She will most likely come out more often again after the shed.

bmm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google