• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Christmas(??) Snows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonling

Doesn't do "casual"
I picked up 4.2 Snows from Jim Stelpflug out of a female labeled Christmas he bought from Travis Whisler, who I assume probably got it from Dave Partington. Whether these are truly Christmas corns is up for debate, but I will be doing some trials in the near future to see if we can't find out. Considering how easily things get mislabeled, anything is possible, and they could just be nicely frosted Red Factor Snows. Either way they're pretty little things. Two males were visually Motley, one with a very nice pinstripe, but I believe the rest are only possibly het Motley. The two non-Motley males are up for grabs though.

Take 1.0 for $125 + shipping or both for $250 shipped. These are late '17s, hatching out pretty tiny in October, so they're still very little. If the temperatures are too cold from here on out, I will hold them until the weather allows safe shipping with a non-refundable 20% deposit.

Kris - SWR-17-1C:
1AYxZzKh.jpg

Jack - SWR-17-1D:
H3SpfUch.jpg

Last edited:
So I got a little better info from Jim on these guys. I still can't say for sure whether the coloration involved is the result of a novel allele of Hypo, but I won't discount the possibility. Apparently these were somewhat selectively bred from other green-bordered Snows to produce the pink-on-green coloration that obviously inspired the name Christmas. The border color takes quite some time to develop, and these two do not seem to show any sign of it yet. Still, they are pretty little things, and will likely continue to color up with age.

Are these still available? I always stop at this post since they catch my eye every time without fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back