CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Best tank

Old 03-24-2018, 04:44 PM   #1
HeckinSnek
Best tank

Hello all
Louie Louie is doing well, no more escape scares, he's on to fuzzies, I have him in a 20 gallon that I just happened to have, but he's getting big enough that I'm looking into a 40gallon, I'm having trouble. I've heard bad things about the kind with the front doors or with the little opening in the top
I've been trying to find a 40g breeder fish tank and I'm having trouble.
Any recommendations, or even just advice on what to avoid would be appreciated!

Old 03-25-2018, 02:42 AM   #2
mcnann_fam
Hello fellow Tacoma snake owner.

We found a ton of tanks on FB market place right now. I swear I just saw a sale at either Petco or Petsmart when were in the store on Friday as well.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
HeckinSnek
Thanks! Do you have any experience with the tanks that have the front closure? Those seem to be easiest to find but I've head that corns escape them?

Old 03-27-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
mcnann_fam
I don't personally. This is my first snake. Sorry I'm not more help.

From what I can tell it is all personal preference as corns will find a way to escape from any thing if they want to. Its really all about making sure everything is secure and no gaps between lids, doors, etc.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #5
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnann_fam View Post
I don't personally. This is my first snake. Sorry I'm not more help.

From what I can tell it is all personal preference as corns will find a way to escape from any thing if they want to. Its really all about making sure everything is secure and no gaps between lids, doors, etc.

^ THIS^

As long as you get into the habit of closing the glass doors properly, then putting the wedge in - then there is no problem .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-28-2018, 10:09 AM   #6
HeckinSnek
I'd prefer one like I have with the removable top and clamps, I've watched him try to weasel his way out of that, lol.
Thanks for the advice ��

Old 03-28-2018, 09:32 PM   #7
corn_snake_lover
i have a 36x18x18 exo terra terrarium

hey i have a exo terra wit the front doors i have a beardie in there right now im going to give that to my corn snake later on when my beardie needs a bigger tank i dont see anything wrong with the doors as long as you keep them closed and locked i also like it dont have to open the screen to get your snake out or to put water etc.there is no big enough gaps for a baby corn to get out just make sure the doors are locked they also sell a lock you can put as security.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:35 PM   #8
corn_snake_lover
i wanted to add top my post

this are my only 2 reptiles ever and are going to be my last they also sell online melanine terrariums for snakes and lizards but the melanine are insulated because is wood in glass the heat escapes quickly so if you live where is cool and cold in winter then melanine is awesome but if your in texas like me where most of the year is hot i would go with glass they cost about the same.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google