CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

My Fatty, Sunfyre

Old 03-28-2018, 11:05 AM   #1
Thrisinthe
My Fatty, Sunfyre

Hello all!

I'm new here, and joined today to ask a very specific question.

I've had my noodle for about 5 years, and Sunfyre's appetite has NEVER lacked.

Maybe a couple months ago, my local pet stores had no F/T mice, so I settled for F/T small rats as Sunfyre is a big boy and I new he'd have no issue with swallowing.

Fast forward a couple months now, I think he's become accustomed to eating rats! I tried feeding him mice last night and he showed no interest in them - he acted defensively around them and then ignored them. I tried giving him a mouse 2 weeks ago and he was defensive, but then did eat.

I'm not nervous that he won't eat, he's gotten just a little tubby eating rats and I'm sure he will eat these mice soon, I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever experienced their noodle turning their nose up to mice after becoming used to another prey source.

Thank you for reading :3~

-Kate

Old 03-28-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
Thrisinthe

Here is Sunfyre <3

Old 03-28-2018, 12:42 PM   #3
Twolunger
Others have told me that once their snakes ate rats they had a preference for them. But others have said their corns eat either or both. If you want to switch back to mice keep offering one. He can go a long time without eating with no ill effects.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:03 PM   #4
Thrisinthe
Ty Twolunger!

I suppose if I had the option between a big burger vs. a slider, I'd choose the former xD

Ty for your input, I'm sure he will eat soon He doesn't like missing his meal times!

Old 03-28-2018, 02:37 PM   #5
Nanci
I've never had a cornsnake refuse to eat a rat (pup), but I have had a cornsnake who was being fed rats then refuse to go back to mice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google