CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

The Little Cobra That Could: A Drama

Old 01-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #91
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
That is absolutely adorable. I'm getting a hognose (Western) this month, and my roommate & I were joking about making her play dead... I hear they don't often do it in captivity, but I soooooo want to witness that firsthand!
As cute as it is, you probably don't... they also expel their cloaca and any "stuff" that may be in it to further make the "I'm dead and decaying" point...

Old 01-19-2010, 01:48 AM   #92
Lolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
As cute as it is, you probably don't... they also expel their cloaca and any "stuff" that may be in it to further make the "I'm dead and decaying" point...
That sounds lovely.......

Old 01-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #93
ceduke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
That is absolutely adorable. I'm getting a hognose (Western) this month, and my roommate & I were joking about making her play dead... I hear they don't often do it in captivity, but I soooooo want to witness that firsthand!
Mine never played dead, but when she was a wee thing she would play cobra at me. Very very intimidating, a 5" worm flattening out and charging you!

Old 01-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #94
Ayin
Mine gave me a different show. He wouldn't charge, but he'd "S" coil himself up so high he had to prop himself against the glass to keep from falling over! He never flattened out his neck entirely, but boy did he puff those little cheeks out to give himself a viperish head!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #95
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayin View Post
Mine gave me a different show. He wouldn't charge, but he'd "S" coil himself up so high he had to prop himself against the glass to keep from falling over! He never flattened out his neck entirely, but boy did he puff those little cheeks out to give himself a viperish head!
Reminds me of this...
I forgot who's photo this is, so please post if it's you!
Name:  Fred Ginger Ivy11.JPG
Views: 328
Size:  87.8 KB

Old 01-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #96
Lynnea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Reminds me of this...
I forgot who's photo this is, so please post if it's you!
Attachment 119581
lol--that's mine, one of my Sunkisseds from Rich. Here's my other "cobra", Ivy:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google