CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

florida Field herping

Old 11-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #51
alan
Great herp pics, Strikerratt!
We're past our snake season here, it's been weeks since I've seen one.
That's a nice pine snake pic. Was it hissing at you?

Old 11-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #52
strikerratt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I would die if I found a FPS!!! You are so lucky!!! I did find a couple lifers this season, though. Pine Woods Snake and...oh- Gray Rat or some sort of hybrid.
this one makes number 3 for me didn't expect to find this one in the middle of gainesville lol pine woods are fun little snakes do you have any pic's of the Gray Rat hybrid thing? i would like to see them if you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
Great herp pics, Strikerratt!
We're past our snake season here, it's been weeks since I've seen one.
That's a nice pine snake pic. Was it hissing at you?
that's why i like florida we can go herping all year lol and yes it was hissing like crazy but you would to if a 115lbs of women step on you lol my Friend didn't see it under all the leafs on the ground and she step right on it and the snake came out hissing lol

Old 11-15-2010, 05:18 AM   #53
Nanci
Here he is. I found him out at Fort White Gun Club. I also found one of only two wild corns, ever, there.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #54
SnakeAround
Awesome colored florida pine snake! Is it their regular color?

Old 11-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #55
Karoni
Love your pics! You are an amazing herp finder. My favorites are the gecko, little turtle and the legless (glass?) lizard! It would be so cool to see one of those.

You're brave! Racers scare the crap out of me. Love to look at 'em, but don't want to handle one.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #56
Nanci
You can get over your fear of racers by catching a few. I've caught three babies and two adults. They all bite!! It makes for better photos...And you're never tempted to take one home, like that lovely Mr. Grey Rat!!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #57
strikerratt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Here he is. I found him out at Fort White Gun Club. I also found one of only two wild corns, ever, there.
it looks like a Gray Rat to me a nice one at that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutengel View Post
Awesome colored florida pine snake! Is it their regular color?
yes and no it depends on how old the snake is and what part of florida your in the can be rusty brown in color to a light color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karoni View Post
Love your pics! You are an amazing herp finder. My favorites are the gecko, little turtle and the legless (glass?) lizard! It would be so cool to see one of those.

You're brave! Racers scare the crap out of me. Love to look at 'em, but don't want to handle one.
it's an Eastern Glass Lizard and not all Racers are evil lol this one was just as nice as my corn snakes not one bite it did musk my Friend lol i did keep Racers back in the 1990's they can be some awesome pet's if the are setup the right way

Old 11-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #58
Snakehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikerratt View Post
believe me i noticed she was biteing me lol got me good my finger swelled really nice after that it was worth it though
Hey that reminds me of a blue Garter I saw in a petshop. I asked the girl to let me hold it, and it latched on to my thumb, lol. The gorl started freaking out when blood was running down my arm and it would not let go. She was really freaked out when I said, "I 'll take it!" Well by the time i got home my thumb was a bit swollen and I could see the perfect teeth marks printed on my thumb. I noticed that the last two tooth marks were larger and deeper then the rest. It made me think maybe these guys are rear fanged. After much inquireing and searching, I did find some material that said they are indeed rear fanged. No wonder my thumb was swollen!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google