CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Mystic Exotics 2018 planned pairings

Old 06-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #11
MysticExotics
Photos!

They're only cell pics, but I was cleaning, weighing and feeding today, so I snapped some pics.

The first two are Aster and Azurite, the parents of one of the clutches, the one with 16-18 eggs (two of them look iffy now). Hopefully Azurite will prove to be a Super Tessera. Either way, I am looking forward to these babies, and am hoping for a couple that I can use in my thick bordered Miami Tessera project.

The next two are Echo and Aeetees, the parents of the Candy Cane Tessera project. Unfortunately, there's only one egg that looks good. I'm hoping for an Amel baby, as we don't know if Echo is het for Amel yet (her sire, Brokk, is het Amel, hopefully she is too).

Old 07-22-2018, 02:40 AM   #12
MysticExotics
The eggs are at day 61, and both females shed recently, so I'm watching for pipping and possible double clutch.

Based on past clutches that have incubated at room temp in the snake room, (averaging 80 degrees) the past eggs have gone about 66 to 68 days before pipping.

The single egg from the Aeetees (Candy Cane) X Echo (Miami Tessera) for some reason has been keeping a few degrees higher than the larger clutch. They're sitting side by side in the same room, so I don't know why the temps are a little higher.
I really hope that one hatches.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:43 AM   #13
MysticExotics
Well, I just went in to check on everyone, and realized that Echo had already double clutched. She laid 15 slugs a couple days ago, apparently. I figured hers would be slugged, since she only had one fertile egg in her first clutch.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:37 AM   #14
MysticExotics
Moving into day 64....any day now...
Aster has been hanging out in the laybox, so might be getting ready to lay a second clutch.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #15
Twolunger
I have a clutch of eggs at 63 days and I too am watching closely. I've had 2 clutches hatch at 65 days, so that seems the normal for me. I wasn't too excited about most of the eggs this year, as the pairings produce nice corns, but no morphs that are special, or outstanding. The exception is a pair I bought last summer for a steal, a hypo lavender male and an amaretto female. It was her first clutch and she produced 13 eggs, and 10 hatched already.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:34 PM   #16
MysticExotics
I only have the two clutches this year, and one of them is a single egg.
I'm pretty excited about both clutches though, and part of me kinda wants a second clutch out of Aster. She recovered really well from the first clutch, I don't think she'd have problems with a second one.
I always worry about how much it can take out of them.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #17
Twolunger
I don't purposely try for a second clutch, but sometimes the females have other ideas.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:20 PM   #18
Twolunger
I love your candy cane. Years back I noticed most of my son's corns were dark morphs, so I bought candy canes from Rich so he could add some color to his corns. I raised them and gave them to him. He bred them to a couple females and sold them. He said he didn't like bright colors. GRRRR!

Old 07-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #19
MysticExotics
I've never tried for a second clutch either, my first priority is always that they recover from laying eggs.

Thanks, I love him! I would have liked to have seen Nanci do a repeat breeding. I'm looking forward to carrying on what she started.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:57 PM   #20
Frank Pinello
Day 63 today.....still waiting

Amel motley male x hypo plasma female (my only clutch this year)
Creating some multi hets.
First time for the female which produced 6 eggs. 2 of the eggs leaked and died early on.
The remaining 4 look great.....
Looked at all my old records of incubation durations all the way back to the late 90s thru 2006 when I would have about 15 to 20 clutches per year and found that they normally started piping between 64 to 69 days with few exceptions or possible errors on my part recording dates.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google