CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Bath time experience behavior

Old 05-28-2019, 02:43 PM   #1
Maevenish
Talking Bath time experience behavior

Hi All,

Peach hadn't eaten in two weeks (was regular once a week for a long time) so I thought she might need a bath. So I got her feed bin and put some warm water in it. I brought her over and put some water on her before she got in. Then I put her in. At first before I got her whole body in she struggled a little tiny bit, then voila. She loved it. She dunked her head under like she was diving in the pool several times and the last four inches of her tail was wagging like a dogs. She would peep her head over the side then dive back in. I left her in for like 10 minutes and she was a happy girl. I don't know if that is usual, but I'm happy she enjoyed it. She still hasn't eaten and it's been about three weeks. I think she's paused growing and just isn't hungry. She looks great, not skinny. So I'm just trying her every 3-4 days with a mouse. What do you guys do with mice that aren't eaten? Thanks!

Old 05-28-2019, 05:00 PM   #2
mpiotrowsky78
Haven't tried to bathe my corn or sand boas. How deep should the water be for my corn and temp?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Old 05-28-2019, 08:00 PM   #3
rayb1rd
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maevenish View Post
Hi All,

Peach hadn't eaten in two weeks (was regular once a week for a long time) so I thought she might need a bath. So I got her feed bin and put some warm water in it. I brought her over and put some water on her before she got in. Then I put her in. At first before I got her whole body in she struggled a little tiny bit, then voila. She loved it. She dunked her head under like she was diving in the pool several times and the last four inches of her tail was wagging like a dogs. She would peep her head over the side then dive back in. I left her in for like 10 minutes and she was a happy girl. I don't know if that is usual, but I'm happy she enjoyed it. She still hasn't eaten and it's been about three weeks. I think she's paused growing and just isn't hungry. She looks great, not skinny. So I'm just trying her every 3-4 days with a mouse. What do you guys do with mice that aren't eaten? Thanks!
I actually just tried out some swimming for my boy! He was in there today (he was a little constipated and a nice soak in some lukewarm water cleared that up right away turns out he loves swimming!). As for the mouse that depends on if you feed live or F/T. If it's F/T (which many recommend) and it hasn't been out too long I usually just seal it back up in a bag and re-freeze it. If I've had more than a couple tries with the same mouse I just toss it.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:02 AM   #4
Maevenish
Thanks for the tip on the mouse. They are F/T. 8-)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
bath time, happy, not eating