CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Very UNUSUAL garter...

Old 08-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #21
VickyChaiTea
Heyyyyy just found another garter like that one on on of the sites you guys gave!

http://www.albinogartersnake.com/projects.html

Old 08-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #22
Allison
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Allison, may I just say that you have a very pretty thumb.

Be very, very, quiet. In Arizona you need a fishing license to catch snakes and I'm pretty sure it is illegal to sell snakes that you have caught. Mr. Ranger reads this forum from time to time.
Wade, that you for the advice and complement
After reading up I guess I will not be doing much with this little one. Bummer.. it seems like such a waste of genes and potential to just let him back into the wilderness.
Still, I can't beat my luck and excitement with such a great find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyChaiTea View Post
Heyyyyy just found another garter like that one on on of the sites you guys gave!

http://www.albinogartersnake.com/projects.html
Thanks for the link, I saw this one too. Very cool! I haven't had the luck to find any other photos... have you?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #23
Carinata
I hate to sound really rude but, if you don't wanna take care of it, I will take it. I have bred garters three years in a row and would be willing to work witht he genes?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #24
Allison
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
I hate to sound really rude but, if you don't wanna take care of it, I will take it. I have bred garters three years in a row and would be willing to work witht he genes?
Don't get me wrong, I would love to sell, breed, etc. The problem is with my state laws. I can not sell, trade, export, or import native wildlife.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #25
Carinata
Well if it IS a Genetic morph the law may be different but w/e

Old 08-11-2009, 02:58 AM   #26
Floof
Aww, it's so cute! Great find! It's a shame you have to let it go, though. Sounds like you need to get that permit... And then search for it again once you can legally capture it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
Well if it IS a Genetic morph the law may be different but w/e
I highly doubt that. Even if one found morphs in the wild all the time, I doubt law-makers would recognize the difference let alone care enough to make a special law pertaining to such a situation.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #27
Carinata
Yea Oh well

Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #28
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floof View Post
I highly doubt that. Even if one found morphs in the wild all the time, I doubt law-makers would recognize the difference let alone care enough to make a special law pertaining to such a situation.
Prime example is the Leucistic Western Hognose that was found in Colorado. IT has been mentioned here in detail mainly by KJ and Deadmouse. But basically the the entire line of Leucistic Hognose were picked up and everyone lost their animals. It was not a pretty scene in the hobby at all.
Allison, I think if you wanted to keep him you would be fine. The only time when laws like what happened with the Hognose is when Big money was involved.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #29
Nanci
It would be nice to get him into the hands of a garter snake expert to see what potential he has. It'd be a shame to release him. IMO. He could be a _gift_, without selling or trading him.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #30
Cornsnake124
/\ /\ /\ read that and consider it..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google