CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Injuried wild corn

Old 08-27-2009, 01:54 AM   #11
ceduke
Kudos to you for picking him up, I hope he recovers!

Old 08-27-2009, 03:36 AM   #12
Medevil_Nuke
Nice job saving the dude.
It kinda does tick me off that people don't care for snakes just because the don't understand them...
Hope something nice come with your new good karma!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:47 AM   #13
KJUN
Likely was clipped by a car.

Any chance you can get some injectable steroids? Especially if there is any swelling, this can help them out a long way towards recovery. Personally, we've got a fair number of hit snakes back up to speed: a male Kisatchie that lost both hemipenes and part of his tail, another on that struck a car that passed by it and really tore up a jaw bone (small meals after that!), a Louisiana milk that had its head ran over (actually, I did this one....sigh), etc.
KJ

Old 08-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #14
Buzzard
Well after getting home last night and having to explain to the wife, why there is another snake in the house, I took it out to give it a good look over. There is some road rash on its back but nothng that looks like it has caused internal issues. It still has a hard time holding its head up. Still very wobbly. I also noticed it was not using its tounge. So I opened its mouth and it felt like it reset its jaw. When I let go of the mouth the tounge shot out and it seem to start using it as normal. It might have been grazed in the head and the tounge may have been stuck on the teeth, just a theory. I still do not like the way the it is holding its mouth, and moving its head. It is for sure blind in the right eye from an old injury. I hope it makes it one more day. I am thinking if it does a vet trip is in order. It is a good hour and half to the reptile vet. But if it is this determined to make it, I should put at least that effort into helping it....

Old 08-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
Caryl
Aw, I hope your rescue makes it. I'm one of those people who stop to chase snakes off the road, move turtles to the other side, and try ardently to avoid running over the gajillions of frogs bent on suicide on warm rainy nights. It's cool that you took the time to help this fellow.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
Aw, I hope your rescue makes it. I'm one of those people who stop to chase snakes off the road, move turtles to the other side, and try ardently to avoid running over the gajillions of frogs bent on suicide on warm rainy nights. It's cool that you took the time to help this fellow.
LMAO... Frogger.... I do the same thing.....

Old 08-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #17
wildlifephotographer
Wow, that is an amazing looking corn snake. Thanks to you it's going to have a chance at life it probably would not have had if it was left in the wild when it's that badly injured. It reminds me of my Zoe who's a classic normal. Very gorgeous! Good luck with the little guy and hope to hear his doing well once he recovers.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:22 AM   #18
strawberry_bunny
I too think you have done a wonderful thing, I hope he repays you by getting stronger and better

Old 08-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #19
sweet~nichole~marie
Very pretty corn. You are awesome to not just take it in but to take it to the vet, too!

Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #20
tradernick
Yes great job. Snakes need more friends like you.
Nick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google