CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

CornSnake in the wild.... :)
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
Rich Z
CornSnake in the wild.... :)

The other day, Connie and I walked down the road through the middle of our property, and on the way back from the stream I spotted this little critter resting peacefully alongside the road near one of the concrete culverts that the smaller stream branch runs through.

How would you like to spot something like THIS in your snake hunting travels?

Old 11-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
CaptBogart
Lol, that's great! With the escaped clutch I had a couple years ago, I expect to find some WC Lava Lavender Motleys in the back yard one of these summers...

Old 11-17-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
airenlow
That's pretty funny! It's actually not a bad camo with those fall/winter leaves all over. I hope the little guy makes it...

Old 11-17-2009, 01:35 AM   #4
Maize411
I would so have scooped him up..lol..I wouldn't have been able to resist..lol so cute!

Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 AM   #5
Susan
So...you've had your share of escapees over the years, haven't you!

Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
So...you've had your share of escapees over the years, haven't you!
Actually no. I tend to release anything that is not doing well in captivity, or perhaps just has some minor kinks that don't make it a candidate for the freezer. That is a benefit of living within the natural range of the corn snake.

Quite honestly, come January when everything has to be out of here, anything that has not been sold will probably just be released. Since I have killed off the mouse colony, there won't be many other options at that point when they need to come out of brumation.

Should make for some interesting walks around the property years from now. The good thing about that is that maybe they will clear out the rodent population around here that has been getting into my vehicles nesting and chewing up on wiring harnesses.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
wstphal
And everyone is going to want to go herping on your property in a few years, Rich!

Old 11-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
ratsncorns
Let me know when you release them Rich, I will be there in 10 minutes flat!

I so would have scooped up that little one! I need to go herping near your house!

Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
chad27
Thats cool

Old 11-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
Let me know when you release them Rich, I will be there in 10 minutes flat!

I so would have scooped up that little one! I need to go herping near your house!
Heck no, I don't want to catch them. Imagine the thrill of seeing something like that on your own property every now and again. Definitely better than keeping them in cages and having to take care of them. Sure will make every walk Connie and I take around the grounds all that more interesting and exciting, I think.

I think if I release (or have released) any Caramels, they will do excellently here. Laying on pine needles they would be almost invisible.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread