CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Wind Serpents 2019 Pairings

Old 01-19-2019, 06:47 PM   #1
Dragonling
Wind Serpents 2019 Pairings

I don't have fancy pictures this year because nothing is particularly set in stone, but here are my tentative pairs for the year.

1-4: Marshall x Amandine/Baklava/Cannoli/Ambrosia
1.0 Classic het Golden
0.4 Classic het Caramel 50% Lava Motley Golden

Obviously these four are intended to prove out the poss hets I kept here. If Sarah Mohr is unable to test her girls this year, I may send Marshall her way, especially if I hit a visual or two.

5: Charlie x Saheeli
1.0 Strawberry Plasma het Lava Butter
0.1 Paradox Amethyst w/unknown hets

Hoping for more Amethysts and to maybe match up a few hets.

6. Alpha x November
1.0 Palmetto
0.1 Orchid het Stripe Amel ph Caramel

Maybe this will be the year he breeds??? Otherwise I will happily throw him at any female he will pursue. Just gimme some hets, man...

7. Kilo x Zulu
1.1 Hypo(?) het Motley Kastanie(??) ph Anery Lavender(???)

These two make some damned pretty babies. The "Kastanie" things might be Sunrise? They turned brilliant red after a couple months.

8. Iroas x Ava
1.0 Hypo het Orchid ph Motley
0.1 Anery het Sunkissed Christmas

Hoping to prove there is SOME Hypo allele, and maybe make some pretty Sunkisseds het Anery with them. Who knows what else might pop out?

9. Tibalt x Elspeth
1.0 Cherry Amel
0.1 Hypo Lavender ph Motley Amel

Beginning of a Cherry Lavender project. Plans may change if my RF Amel het Hypo Lavender turns out to be male.

10. Darigaaz x Lyra
1.0 Lava Tessera ph phet Charcoal Lavender Diffused Amel Motley
0.1 Topaz het Lavender

Not totally sold on this pair, as the female is a little small. We'll see how much she gains in the next couple months. Testing a few possible hets they might share, especially considering what project the female is from. Only listed known stuff, so we'll see what pops out. I would be VERY happy to get Amethyst Tessera.

Old 01-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #2
Twolunger
You have some interesting morph combinations planned. That Charlie is one picture I would like to see. I like the cherry lavender project. I've been thinking of combos for my lavender females, but have to wait another year for them to get up to size.

Old 01-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
You have some interesting morph combinations planned. That Charlie is one picture I would like to see. I like the cherry lavender project. I've been thinking of combos for my lavender females, but have to wait another year for them to get up to size.
Produced by Joe Pierce. Definitely one of my favorites.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:25 PM   #4
Twolunger
That's what I like, a really unique corn. But wait, I don't see Tango paired up this year. What is the plan for Tango? I sure hope he's not sitting this one out.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:01 AM   #5
67temp
What is an amethyst? I looked but didn't see it listed on ians vivarium.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #6
Dragonling
Quote:
That's what I like, a really unique corn. But wait, I don't see Tango paired up this year. What is the plan for Tango? I sure hope he's not sitting this one out.
Tango has a weird "hernia" that seems to have become an odd abcess. When the snow lessens we'll be off to the vet. I don't really have any interesting plans for him this year anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
What is an amethyst? I looked but didn't see it listed on ians vivarium.
Amethyst is Lava Lavender.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #7
Twolunger
Sure hope it's something minor for Tango. He's a real beautiful corn.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:00 PM   #8
Dragonling
Quote:
Sure hope it's something minor for Tango. He's a real beautiful corn.
Same. The first x-rays didn't really show us much. It just looked and acted very much like a hernia, which is difficult to repair with how delicate snake muscles are. We'll see what the vet has to say next time. :/

Old 05-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #9
Dragonling
Murphy is out to get me, though with a lot of first time boys I guess that's somewhat to be expected. Three clutches appear to be singletons at best. Marshall only showed moderate interest in breeding, and only locked with Baklava once. She gave me one ok-looking egg that has yet to develop decent veining. I'm about ready to wash my hands of the Golden project entirely. The rest of the poss hets and my het males will likely go to Sarah Mohr soon.

Charlie unexpectedly passed, which is a massive blow to the Strawberry Alabaster project. He is sorely missed, being one of my favorite males, and a breeding replacement is likely to be our only purchase this year. Walter Smith's animals will hopefully bring strong blood to the project. Saheeli was bred to Darigaaz, but she does not appear to be gravid.

I keep seeing photos of large perfect clutches and it's a bit depressing, but then I remember that at least Nova gave me 12 good het Palmetto eggs. I suppose I should count my blessings.This is the first clutch to be laid and it is due to hatch in about 3 weeks.

Likewise we also have an excellent clutch of 16 from Zulu again. With how strong she has always been, I am considering keeping at least a couple females from this clutch.

Our house guest Ava gave us 5 eggs and 5 slugs, though most of them appear weak to me. There is one excellent looking egg I hope will pull through. Elspeth appears to be following in her mother's footsteps, giving us only 3 out of 12 and only one with strong veins.

Lyra actually gained more than Ava so I went ahead with the pairing. She appears gravid but I would bet only a few are fertile.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #10
MysticExotics
Sorry to hear that. I hope the remainder of your year gets better.

It sucks when Murphy is a jerk.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google