CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Two heads are better then one, I guess...

Old 08-03-2005, 05:28 PM   #41
mrweaw
Have you considered offering it to a University, for a fair profit, so that it could be used as a teaching tool? Maybe a University with a good herp program?

Old 08-03-2005, 05:54 PM   #42
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
more then likely I will just take it to the Daytona Beach Expo and put a big price tag on it.
I know where my new first stop to gawk at is..wait it was my old first stop as well.

Old 08-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #43
colinmcc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well my wife got it to eat a frozen/thawed anole yesterday. She said only one of the heads acted interested and the other one was just watching curiously.
That is just too bizarre!

Just curious, but I presume it must have shed OK. How did that work? As they normally work the old skin off at the nose, then slither out of it, how did it go with a 2 header? Did they actually start simultaneously or did just one go for it and leave the other with just it's head skin to shed???

Man, this thing would be fascinating to own if it lives any length of time ....

Old 08-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #44
Rich Z
I had to assist it with the shed. It got stuck at the junction of the two heads, as I had suspected it would. I think this will happen each time it sheds because there is no way otherwise for it to happen unless the skin would split at that point allowing it to shed the rest of the body.

Old 08-05-2005, 04:37 PM   #45
MaeglinCalaelen
A little bit a late response but I don't want to know what will happen if that snake have to regurge

Old 08-28-2005, 06:19 PM   #46
debcash
Rich...

Hey Rich -
How did things finally work out with this guy - just curious if he went to Daytona with you?

Old 08-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #47
Rich Z
My wife got the "driver's side head" eating green anoles pretty agressively, and a local guy here in Tallahassee decided that he wanted it. So I sold it to him for a pretty decent sum. I think it has a real good home now as this guy is a real fanatic about taking care of his animals.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:54 AM   #48
Rich Z
a parting shot of that critter....

One last photo that I took before I sold it....

Old 08-29-2005, 01:47 PM   #49
debcash
Thanks for the 'good-bye' pic.
That still amazes me - very cool. I'm glad it went to a good home!

Old 08-29-2005, 01:58 PM   #50
princess
Good on you for selling it. I guess the money will go towards feeding your keepers/breeders for a fair while! I had an interesting one hatch out this year (not nearly as interesting as yours though!) and Idecided to sell her after all. Her sale price goes to cover the next 6 months food bill, so I can't complain either way. I'm pairing the same parents next year so who knows, they might give me another.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google