• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Blopal????

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
So, what do you get when you breed Amelanistics het for Lavender and Blood Red together and all the genes combine? :shrugs:

blopal_06_01.jpg

blopal_06_02.jpg

blopal_06_03.jpg

Blopal? Opood Red? Bloodal? Blood Opal? Blizzard Type B? :crazy02:

Knock yourself out Rich, looks like you will be there all day trying to figure that little one out ;)

Just gorgeous!

Joejr14 said:
You get snow corns!! :grin01:

Yeah, in at least one of the clutches, it sure looks like that. No telling if Anerythrism has snuck into that project or something else is going on at this point, however..... Certainly it shows up on the Opals enough to be a strong possibility.

In all seriousness and ignoring the snow corn in the clutch, is this the first year you've hatched out opal bloods? I'm just wondering if the bloodred influence will do anything with the colors (or lack thereof) in the opals.

I'm sure if you had a very peachy/coral opal, the introduction of bloodred would definitely add something to it.

I guess only time will tell, eh?

Cool. Diffusion won't change the color but it certainly will do something to the pattern. :)

What're you gonna call them when you combine them with the "cow plop" line, plop-als? :sidestep:

If you had told me that this was a diffused "coral" blizzard, I would have believed you too. I guess I have mixed feelings on this morph, based solely on these excellent photos. I mean, there are a lot of people, myself included, who enjoy the looks of blizzards much more when they lose the pink look, and go all white. And many, including myself, want their diffuseds to end up as diffused as possible. Seems like an adult "blopal" would end up looking like a giant, patternless, hatchling (i.e. pink) blizzard. :shrugs:

But way cool, nonetheless. :D

Roy Munson said:
... Seems like an adult "blopal" would end up looking like a giant, patternless, hatchling (i.e. pink) blizzard. :shrugs:

But way cool, nonetheless. :D

A giant pink snake, now you know that would be a dreamsnake in this (girlie) household :crazy02: .
I will be most curious to see how this one turns out.

Edit:I just realiized some of the members here could have a field day with that comment, so just a reminder to keep it clean :rolleyes:

thats very different... like that a lot. only thing is you gotta keep them all now to make sure lol, another 2/3 years hard work.

WOOOOOOOOHH!

I have bien coming up with ssome crazy commbos( in my head of coarse) :grin01: And didnt even think of this combo!!!!! :cheers:

How about plaspal :grin01:

Roy Munson said:
This IS a plaspal. Well, that name's kinda redundant. It's a plasmel. But I like blopal better. :)

Good heavens! I was just kidding about that name! :shrugs: How about Bloopal instead? :laugh:

I guess if I ever come up with a "D" Anerythristic and breed it into the Opal line I could call the results as "Dopals"? :roflmao:

Seriously, I don't want to even THINK about naming something until I can see what an adult looks like.

Roy Munson said:
This IS a plaspal. Well, that name's kinda redundant. It's a plasmel. But I like blopal better. :)

Duh, I know what it is, some people dont like the name plasma for the lav- blood, I was just yanking there chain. How about diffused opal?

Rich Z said:
Good heavens! I was just kidding about that name! :shrugs: How about Bloopal instead? :laugh:

I guess if I ever come up with a "D" Anerythristic and breed it into the Opal line I could call the results as "Dopals"? :roflmao:

Seriously, I don't want to even THINK about naming something until I can see what an adult looks like.
Hah! I didn't think you were serious about the name. I like it because it's hilarious. It probably has limited marketing value, though. ;)

Stangs13 said:
Duh, I know what it is, some people dont like the name plasma for the lav- blood, I was just yanking there chain. How about diffused opal?
Forgive me for questioning your 13 year old omniscience. :grin01:

Duh! I have two lav-bloods, so I know that some people don't like the name plasma. I'm one of them! ;)

I like "diffused opal". In fact, if I were selling these, that's what I would call them. :cheers:

Back