• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Oh nooo....

Just off the phone to my herp vet there and he was very helpful in confirming all the advise I have been given thus far. He says if theres nothing by Friday then I should make an appointment and they can see whats what. He also advised giving her a luke warm bath which I was considering anyway but I don't want to bother her. So far I'v never touched her or anything just had a quick look under the towel.

Still thinking of you and wishing you all the best Elle. I can only imagine how stressed out you must be right now. When my two laid eggs last year it was a quick and easy process, but I imagine if any of them had been like Lacey I would have been frantic with worry too.
Glad you are keeping us up to date with any progress (or lack there of).

Not budged from her laybox for several hours... perhaps tonight is the night. I HOPE!

So I guess telling you that once my females decide to stay in their lay boxes, they don't move out of it for about a week (that I ever notice) before they decide to lay their eggs is NOT the thing you want to hear at the moment....:sidestep:

My girls are just looking at me and grinning. Well one was blue, is clear and has been in nest box for, well since before she was blue. No shed, no eggs just a plesant grin of "I'm driving you crazy". Now I'm going away for four days she'll shed and lay her eggs while I'm gone. Of course then I still have one maybe two smiling faces still waiting to lay. Go out to dinner, the show come back in a few hours it will be over, or not.

My girls are just looking at me and grinning. Well one was blue, is clear and has been in nest box for, well since before she was blue. No shed, no eggs just a plesant grin of "I'm driving you crazy". Now I'm going away for four days she'll shed and lay her eggs while I'm gone. Of course then I still have one maybe two smiling faces still waiting to lay. Go out to dinner, the show come back in a few hours it will be over, or not.

Is it just me... or do our corns enjoy this sometimes?

I think mine conspire and thrive on it. None of my big girls has shed since breeding, one male has shed twice and the other one is getting ready to. I think they all get out of their tanks at night and figure ways to make me crazy, not a far trip I realize.

That stinks Elle, maybe she is just building up the suspense, so wait until you just don't expect it....

Well thats that. Still no eggs and If theres none by the morning shes off to the vet. I expect they will admit her over the weekend and help to manipulate the eggs out. I'm pretty devistated that theres almost no chance I will get any viable eggs this year :( I feel so awful putting her through all this for my own selfish reasons. I could NEVER forgive myself if I ever lost a female due to breeding complications. Then again I am just a sappy pet keeper eh...

I feel so awful putting her through all this for my own selfish reasons. I could NEVER forgive myself if I ever lost a female due to breeding complications. Then again I am just a sappy pet keeper eh...

Elle, it is not your fault at all! You have done everything correctly and you are definitely a great pet keeper. Some crappy things just happen. I am thinking of you and I hope everything works out.

Fingers still crossed here for a good outcome, maybe she'll drop them tonight and you won't have to make that trip, but either way I hope this is easily resolved :hugs:

Best wishes, thinking of you :)

Back