CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Egg incubator rack

Old 08-07-2003, 09:00 PM   #1
Rich Z
Egg incubator rack

Just to give you an idea of the workload I have right now. All of the shoeboxes with red dots on them are clutchs that have hatched and need to be set up or shipped out. There have already been a fair number of clutches removed from what you see on the front side. The back side has more of the same, and most of those have red dots on them as well. This rack was built specifically to hold egg incubating boxes and holds two full sides of them.

Notice MORE eggs behind the rack on top of the shelves? That's even more. What doesn't show in the photo is even more shoeboxes filled with baby snakes and eggs behind the camera and to the left of the egg rack.

I am sending out shipments as quickly as I can, but there are only so many I can pack per day. Plus the Daytona Beach Expo is coming up weekend after next and I do need to have some baby snakes to take to the show with me. So those need to be set up, fed, sexed and labeled beforehand.

And people wonder why I don't have any time to play.....

Oh yeah, sorry about the distortion in the photo. I had to use my 16mm fisheye lens to get this thing in the photo. For some reason, I couldn't get my 15mm rectilinear lense (for you photo geeks) to work with my Fuji digital camera body.

Old 08-07-2003, 10:58 PM   #2
Alicia
Oh My!!!!

That is a lot of work

I don't know how you do it. I would go crazy trying to keep up with all that.

I wish you well and hope all those babies don't overwhelm you

Old 08-07-2003, 11:14 PM   #3
Simon
now that is something that I am really impressed with.

With this amount of snakes at home all the time I would definately go crazy!

Really nice looking room with snakes!!!!

Old 08-08-2003, 02:28 PM   #4
rachel132002
whoa that's a LOT of snakes - that's what I want to have in the future andthat being within emmm let's think aobut 20years lol I think I have plenty of time but my main question is how od heat the lot. Im in the process of having a shed built but we're not going ot put snakes in there for a bit but when we do it'll be stacked vivs and i'm just wondering do you need the heat mat for like every tank or is there some kind of display casing oyu can get to heat em all up with one flow I know this is kinda the wrong place but as there's a pic of kinda what i'm semi-thinking it seemed an idea to ask now

Rach

Old 08-09-2003, 01:49 AM   #5
Matt L
Quote:
And people wonder why I don't have any time to play.....
Rich,

I would never make light of your work load, however for most of us ------This IS play!

Old 08-09-2003, 04:18 AM   #6
Rich Z
See all of those red dots on the show boxes? They mean the clutch inside has hatched. Just about ALL of the shoeboxes on the other side had red dots on them as well. See those shoe boxes up on top of the rack behind the egg container rack? THEY are beginning to hatch as well....

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Old 08-09-2003, 08:23 PM   #7
Missymonkey
holy shiznit!

wow.. but you do know that all of us are drooling right now and wondering what strange corn creations you have in those boxes that we'd like to get our hands on...

we are setting up a propane wall mounted heater in a friends garage for his collection... have you ever done that? in Florida I am sure that you don't need to heat nearly as much as we do in Wisconsin.... just curious because we are new at all this...

You should put a mirror in there so after your long days with the snakes you can look at yourself and remember that you don't have scales!!!

Old 08-23-2003, 02:35 AM   #8
carl3
WOW...that is impressive!

Old 02-04-2004, 05:38 AM   #9
pipatic
i am in heaven just looking at all of them, wow
got pic of where all the adults and grow on are homed too

Old 02-05-2004, 09:43 AM   #10
Cornfan
Sorry Rich, I cannot possibly feel sorry for you - I'm just far too jealous!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google