CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #71
bekers71
Sorry--I went back and looked at the pics you posted. Guess if they all look like that then yea, their bad. Hope your girl recovers quickly.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #72
brtrude
ok guys heres some pics i just took,

this first egg is from the eggs that she has been laying over the last couple of days (the second lot) they wer all slugs but i thought this one may have a chance so i got it int he incubator in a separate tub to the other eggs....

these last pics are from the first lot of eggs that she laid, these are 'the good ones' which i keep refering to. You can see the one in middle is looking the best. The top three, im not to sure about, i think the one on the right of the top 3 looks ok and the one on the left of the top three looks the worst (you can clearer see the egg consistency that i mentioned on that one).
The egg at the bottom was another 'fingers crossed' egg but im not sure....its looking ok but again you can notice the colour variation on the egg.

so.......what do you guys truely think?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #73
Jadie.Glitch
My rule is to give every one a chance and wait until they actually go bad before I toss them. I don't like to guess... I mean right out of the chute you can tell a bad one from a good one fairly easily, but I'm a worry wart and like to make extra sure.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #74
Jadie.Glitch
Sorry, I should have refreshed to see your pics and stuff before I posted, lol.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #75
bekers71
Well, I'd say you have a good chance with those. That one, 4th pic top left egg, looks a bit iffy. Good luck!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #76
brtrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
Well, I'd say you have a good chance with those. That one, 4th pic top left egg, looks a bit iffy. Good luck!
ye i know that one is starting to look a bit dodgey! theres nothing i can do with it though if does continue to get worse because its attached to the other eggs. i suppose il just have to leave it in there.

what do you make of the shells on the other eggs, can you see that colour change i was talking about? do you think that is normal?

Old 03-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #77
bekers71
I had a few with the color change and they were fine. So hopefully yours will be alright too.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #78
Tim66/corns
I haven't had the chance to see to many eggs yet to give any advice other than they appear to be full and large, not like pictures of other slugs that appear to be smaller and more moist than good eggs. So here's hoping all goes well and you at least get some of them to hatch. Nothing to lose by trying huh buddy? Good luck and keep me posted.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:19 AM   #79
brtrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim66/corns View Post
I haven't had the chance to see to many eggs yet to give any advice other than they appear to be full and large, not like pictures of other slugs that appear to be smaller and more moist than good eggs. So here's hoping all goes well and you at least get some of them to hatch. Nothing to lose by trying huh buddy? Good luck and keep me posted.
very true!
at least i know that she can lay a good load of eggs for whenever shes next ready to breed! I wouldnt like to put her through that again this season, i will try and get her ready for next year and hopefully dezmond can get the job done with her and we can have more fertile eggs!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #80
ForkedTung
Quote:
i know that she can lay a good load of eggs for whenever shes next ready to breed!
SHHHH!!! Murphy might hear...lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google