CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Gulf of Mexico oil spill disaster...

Old 05-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #41
wade
I agree with that 100% Fred.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #42
CaptBogart
Well this is an explanation of what they face...

*edit, here's the link since it won't embed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLiqv...ature=featured

Old 05-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #43
El Jefe
Graham...thanks for the insight and glad you are okay.

On a slightly political note....

I wonder if the "Drill baby, Drill" slogan will be uttered in the future?

This current issue may change the viewpoint of many a person...or at least it will if the media tells us it should.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #44
Dinah
Well I think that no matter what people feel about drilling or Halliburton or BP or what have you, I think that us coastal folks should stick together, especially since we share so many similar issues. My husband and I are "celebrating" the oil spill the same we celebrate all of our other disasters, with a hurricane party.....so Rich, Capt Bogart, Mike, Strange Cargo, Buzzard, and any other gulf coast state folks that I may have missed the Tequila and Jager are on me!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #45
wstphal
What Strange Cargo & Wilomn miss is that SC can be a totally upright, honest, hardworking, dedicated guy, supervised by good guys, but the top 1-5 executives of Halliburton could be scum anyway. So the focus shouldn't be on SC who is reporting the facts at the level he works at. He can see up & down a couple levels, and what he sees is good people working hard, trying to extract energy while protecting the environment. Wilomn attacks him when if anyone needs attacking, it's the very tippy-top of the energy industry, not decent folks like SC.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:20 AM   #46
wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
What Strange Cargo & Wilomn miss is that SC can be a totally upright, honest, hardworking, dedicated guy, supervised by good guys, but the top 1-5 executives of Halliburton could be scum anyway. So the focus shouldn't be on SC who is reporting the facts at the level he works at. He can see up & down a couple levels, and what he sees is good people working hard, trying to extract energy while protecting the environment. Wilomn attacks him when if anyone needs attacking, it's the very tippy-top of the energy industry, not decent folks like SC.
I believe that Wilomn has stated, at least twice, that this is NOT about any specific poster in this thread. He is aware of this fact.

The whole hellofaguy and alcohol consumption thing was supposed to bring that home.

I'm sure it is just as you have said, which is what I was getting at.

But, this whole haliburton mess again, I mean, seriously, these guys screw up so often. Were these also no bid contracts or did someone else lose out to them? See what I mean?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:11 AM   #47
wstphal
If I misread you wilomn, I apologize. There is something very wrong in American industry, but every day I see ordinary people who act in ethical ways even though maybe the top bosses in their industries don't, so I may well have misread you.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #48
wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
If I misread you wilomn, I apologize. There is something very wrong in American industry, but every day I see ordinary people who act in ethical ways even though maybe the top bosses in their industries don't, so I may well have misread you.
Yeah, I think that's what happened.

I'm not singling out anyone, much less a member here.

Of all the gas companies out there, Arco, a BP subsidiary, is the one I do the most business with. I've been loyal to them for years. So it's not even about BP for me.

It's just that if this is, once again, shoddy workmanship, how many chances do you give someone? How many bazillion dollar screw ups before you tell them no more?

But no, not saying anything negative about anyone, not even wade.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #49
StrangeCargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
IS this the first time this has happened on a haliburton maintained platform? If not, what number is THIS one?
Just to clear this up for everyone.....

Halliburton does NOT own drilling rigs or production platforms.... simple... period.

It was NOT on production platform... it was a Deepwater Drilling Rig owned by TRANSOCEAN (not halliburton).

BP was the company contractor that RENTED the rig & crew from Transocean. The transocean crews do regular drilling and rig maintanence jobs. Halliburton hands did the cementing for the job. MI did the mud engineering. and so on-- probably 10- 12 other 3rd party speciality contractors to do the specialized jobs.
-------------------------------------------------------

Dang, for those so against oil companies & drilling, I hope y'all boycott the petroleum industry and refrain from using gas (driving your cars, mowing yoru lawns, etc), don't use ANY plastics (since plastics come from petroleum), no natural gas, etc.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #50
StrangeCargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
It's just that if this is, once again, shoddy workmanship, how many chances do you give someone? How many bazillion dollar screw ups before you tell them no more?
This is what bothers me the most. "Shoddy worksmanship" ????? Most of the time (especially the block we're drilling in ...and the one the deepwater horizon sunk in) you cannot predict what mother natures has in store when you drill into a formation. There are sooooooo many factors- many out of our control- that play into drilling a well. People aren't out here doing half-a$$ work.... they're doing everything 100% "by the books" with teh top of the line equipment. Each step we do out here is reviewed by our respected company offices...sit down meetings between the different companies...safety meetings...etc. There is no Shoddy Workmanship- we're all professionals who've went to schools/training/certifications to do our various jobs.

--------------------------------

I'm out. I'm just not going to waste anymore time on this thread- these conspiracy theories, far fetched malinformend lies, bum information, etc are nothing more than that...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google