• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hide and Water Bowl

barett

Can I get some examples of appropriate sized hides and water bowls? I have a 36x18x18 exo terra. I will be getting my snake after the summer. I just like to be prepared. I prefer the more natural looking stuff.

the water bowl should be of adequate size for the snake to fit in if it wishes to cool off or soak. Obviously a baby snake can get by with a smaller bowl than the larger adults. As the snake grows, so will its water bowl. "Hides and Hide boxes" are the same. Snakes like to "Feel" the sides and top of the Hide, so it should be a tight fit. Some people buy Hides, you can find them made of plastic or porcelain, and some people use an old cereal box, shoe box or even a paper towel tube made of cardboard. Regardless, the hide will increase in size as the snake grows, but it should always be a tight fit.

Back