CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Caught a thief in the act...

Old 10-08-2018, 06:23 PM   #1
67temp
Caught a thief in the act...

I got home from work and was checking on all my animals. When I got to my mice I noticed a snake tail caught in the lid of a mouse bin. Thinking it was a baby anery or ghost corn that might have escaped during the day I quickly snatched it up. I looked at it to identify who it might have been that escaped and suddenly realized this isn't one of my snakes or even a corn snake. It's a baby wild eastern rat snake that got into my house and tried to break into my mouse bins for a meal.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:03 PM   #2
65BAJA
Nice pattern on it. Are you going to keep it?

Old 10-10-2018, 08:48 AM   #3
67temp
It has a nice pattern now but as it ages it should turn into more of a solid black with white belly. I have wanted to add a rat snake to the collection and thought about keeping it but will probably turn it lose to take care of the local wild rat population. For the time being it got "a hot and cot" aka a pinkie and a safe place in one of my quarantine rooms to sleep it off.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google