CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

$10 Burms- get yours cheap!

Old 08-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #41
oneirogenesis
I would hope a higher price-tag might act as a deterrent, at least some of the time, to irresponsible customers buying snakes. I would also hope it might act as a flag to see who would be able and willing to afford a vet should their animal need one.

My local reptile store is a very busy place, and I notice a lot of things that bother me when I am there. More than one person seems to have this "cheap" mentality when it comes to their animals and feeders. I paid a lot more for my carpet python, garter snake and rosy boa because they came from stores. One lady raved at me that I was paying too much. But these are animals, not things! I felt a connection with my carpet python as soon as I saw her in the store. I was willing to save up and pay whatever I could, knowing she had a good temperament and was well looked after. I also needed to prove to myself that I was capable of budgeting in case I needed to pay for vet bills, heaven forbid, and also that she was the one snake I really wanted and was prepared to look after for 20+ years. It's not like buying a toothbrush where you can just go to the dollar store and get away with buying something cheap and low quality. A person should be willing to pay more for a living creature.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google